Leagues Do You Enjoy/Hate Managing In

England - In the older versions i began to hate Engand because of the 5 sub rules (hindered my development of players because i wouldnt put them on the bench in most games, plus palyers would get unhappy without games where i couldnt bench them) It would get to the point where i would look to move abroad for a seven man bench luckily that wont be a problem this year :)

Spain - Always ended up here after managing man utd, but the 25 man squad - foreign player rules always annoyed me there :(

italy - appart from only having players in a team over 30, the signing 1 NON-EU Player a season stopped me nabbing all those skillfull south americans :o

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the original question, I like managing in Scotland, Norway, Iceland, Germany and The Championship in England. I've also dabbled in Mexico a couple of times and enjoyed it.

I am enjoying managing Fiorentina, but only because I like Fiorentina - I find Serie A too hard though :p

Dunno about leagues I hate though really - if I'm not enjoying managing somewhere I don't stay there long enough to develop feelings of hatred!

LIKE:- All leagues that have normal straight forward transfer system.

DISLIKE:- MLS. It must have the daftest transfer system in world football. Although I like the spl since i'm scottish I do dislike the under 21 rule that the spl has.

LIKE:- All leagues that have normal straight forward transfer system.

DISLIKE:- MLS. It must have the daftest transfer system in world football. Although I like the spl since i'm scottish I do dislike the under 21 rule that the spl has.

agreed, u21 rule sucks in the SPL

Brazilian league is my favourite. So many challenges and different competitions and it can be great at lower level developing players who end up moving to Europe. You can play a long career games without ever feeling tempted to move abroad.

I hate managing MLS due to bad translation in the pt version... the rules appear wrong in portuguese... not that it matters since the rules (at least in FM07) worked very deficiently (by other words.. worked kinda wrong :p)...

I like managing English lower leagues and Faroese Islands (despite the fact that in the middle of the cup, some Brunei clubs decide to show up... -.-)

whats the transfer system about in the MLS what rules are there?

There are many league rules, listed somewhere on the forum here. People that just jump in without knowing them have a lot of trouble with it, personally I enjoy it, one of the more unique leagues to play in and outside of England, Spain, Italy, I enjoy playing in the MLS or Brazilian lower leagues the most.

I hate managing in England, Spain and Italy, which makes me wonder why I load those leagues every time I start a save :rolleyes:

Even if I'm not managing in any of those leagues, I always load them. I think it's kinda because it feels like you need to have the world's biggest leagues operating.

Even if I'm not managing in any of those leagues, I always load them. I think it's kinda because it feels like you need to have the world's biggest leagues operating.

My poor laptop would keel over and die if I used such frivalous reasons for loading so many leagues :p

Like: Germany, Italy, South Korea, Spain;

Dunno about leagues I hate though really - if I'm not enjoying managing somewhere I don't stay there long enough to develop feelings of hatred!

Same as glamdring about leagues I dont like.

I really have to try more obscure leagues in 09 though.

I hate any nation with minimum release clauses because if you don't keep an eye out when offering contracts your youngsters can be stolen at cheap prices. I pretty much always manage in England or Italy but they can be quite competitive

I got damn hate managing in the Blue Square premier with AFC wimbledon!!! haha

ok im almost there, promoted into it 3rd season, then 3 seasons of relegation battles, 2 seasons of low table. 1 season of mid table.

now im actually 6th wiht about 10 games to go!

and still semi pro......with part time contracts for half the club.....they wont accept full times!!!

other than that, i love playing in my own league full of mystical magical mushroom men led by their great god IMHOTEP!

Yes. Don't you think it would be more enjoyable if the MLS had a more european transfer system instead of the draft that they use?

The draft is in addition to the transfers. The draft is mostly, are exceptions, in place for teams to select players coming out of college.

I greatly enjoy it, adds some choices in selecting players rather than them just randomly appearing like academy players and your stuck with them or have to sign from elsewhere.

I greatly enjoy the transfer/draft system for the MLS, but with a lack of relegation it makes it impossible for me to play over a few seasons...

England is my fave cos i know all bout the teams and playrs etc. I really enjoy managing in lges 2 to the championship as they r the leagues where 'true' football is demonstated. Obviously i like 2 try and reach the prem where the standard is the highest, but i just dont feel right starting a game there. :)

Managing in the other top lges in europe is also quite fun, but managing outside europe isnt such a g8 experience with leagues havin rather unfamiliar and strange rules etc:(

Like: Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Ukraine, Russia... Most european leagues to be honest!

Dislike: British leagues(WP, over-inflated player values), MLS(we all know why...)

The Asian/African/South-American leagues I play occationally for a change...

I enjoy managing in Holland as the football is lovely to watch. I like managing in England because of the ability to bring in players and the sheer competitiveness.

I don't like the MLS as it is too complicated and it is hard to bring in players that fit my style of play!

Archived