Are you using reload?

Are you using reload?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using reload?

• Never - it is a cheat for me!
    • Once or two per season.
    • Often.
    • Everytime - it is a game as other.

I am considering it as a cheat - I am not using reload after unsuccessful result.

What about you?

I am not expecting that everyone will confess themsleves to using reload, but I just want to know your approach to this.

Thank you very much for answers.

sort of yes... I have 1 swindon save where I make them a European champ by reloading, this is also a good way to teach me if my signings are good enough to make the grade when I play 'properly'

years ago I used to reload a lot due to my 'wanting to see my fav teams be great' kind of thing ... but then I played an unemployed game where I was bottom of BSN (etc) and I had no loyalty to the team I was managing, so I didn't care when I lost

but when I pretty much turned a team around myself without re-loading I saw the light so to speak and realised how good it was to play 'properly' ;)

My game takes ~10 minutes to save and a few minutes to load. If I reloaded after every defeat I'd never be doing anything but reloading! Indeed, reloading after even 1 defeat would make the game so boring I'd give up.

May be it is time to upgrade your harddrive (or whole PC or NB).

To save game on my notebook with 7200 rpm HDD lasts up to two minutes, not more. But I remember the times, when it lasted 10 minutes, as I used to play a lot of leagues on full details with huge database with poor PC. Now I have major leagues across the world on full details :)

I used to reload all the time. Basically, I always wanted to win. Given that it's just a game and that we all pay our hard-earned money for it, we can play it how we like. However, for a few years now, I've been much keener on realism than I was as a teenager and this has made it physically impossible for me to reload.

Don't do it!!! I'm willing to bet my left nut that you regret it and it ruins your save.

Prepair to loose your left nut then because its never caused any problems with my saves.:D

I used it very rarely and the reason for doing it is mostly due to bugs in the match engine... like the one where one of your players keeps getting sent off every match that he plays at the exact same minute... (had to find a name for it :D)

Dont remember which version this was on :p

Ya, I have a 3 year old laptop that was only mid-range when it was new. I have players from quite a few countries loaded, but only Italy, Germany and Ukrainian leagues.

Save time is not a huge problem though - I'm not saying that is the only reason I don't sit there reloading all my defeats, I wouldn't do it even it it went like grease lightening!

Prepair to loose your left nut then because its never caused any problems with my saves.:D

It's ok I only ever use the right one.

I've been tempted to do things like this before, but as soon as I do it I regret it and end up starting a new game. It makes the save feel dirty.

I still cannot understand why people would want to do this...I don't even have any temptation for it.

Whats that old saying about competeing in the special olympics and what happens when you win?

I'm not going to repeat it incase i offend, but it fits this thread perfectly imo

I have done it when I've accidentally subbed the wrong player and consequently lost the game - as a result of the sub. EG, putting a GK in a centre back position to replace an injured player. I consider the mistake the equivilent of a typo, and not something that would happen in real life at all. I never reload due to simply losing a match - the AI doesn't cheat in matches, the 4-2-4 formation is easy to counter, and any mistakes are either my players' or my own.

Whats that old saying about competeing in the special olympics and what happens when you win?

I'm not going to repeat it incase i offend, but it fits this thread perfectly imo

It's because they want to win games. It's really just that simple.

Like i said in my previous post.

I do do it but only rarely. I used to do it a lot on fm05 and seen my 12 year old brother do it quite a lot and its very bad.

So now if say my team is on a massive run and playing really well, and therefore if i have to stop for any reason (work being a good reason) then when i load up if i lose the first game loaded because of something stupid ((sending off, real bad injury(5months+ to star player) last min loss after 25 shots on target vs their 1)) then i will reload the game because i feel the game is cheating me! But if i've been outplayed and i know i made wrong decision (ie team talk, too defensive, brought off wrong player) whatever then i'll accept it and carry on!

Not cheating in my eyes like that!

Never well i tell a lie i did it once, I was managing Bradford and we had Farsley in Fa Cup 1st round and i was loosing 1-0 at Home at half time. We was going through an awful run of results at that time no win in 11 games so i proper messed with my formation then in 2nd half it all went tits up lost 7-2.

I was so mad and embarrsed that i was beaten 7-2 by a confrence team at my own ground i reloaded ,went on holiday we won 4-1 but i never really enjoyed the game after that because i felt like i had cheated eventually ended up starting a new game and never done it since! If you loose to a lower league team or a play off final, cup final etc.. Just let it be it happens in real life too makes it realistic.

I do do it but only rarely. I used to do it a lot on fm05 and seen my 12 year old brother do it quite a lot and its very bad.

So now if say my team is on a massive run and playing really well, and therefore if i have to stop for any reason (work being a good reason) then when i load up if i lose the first game loaded because of something stupid ((sending off, real bad injury(5months+ to star player) last min loss after 25 shots on target vs their 1)) then i will reload the game because i feel the game is cheating me! But if i've been outplayed and i know i made wrong decision (ie team talk, too defensive, brought off wrong player) whatever then i'll accept it and carry on!

Not cheating in my eyes like that!

But thats football? It happens like that sometimes. There is a certain thrill to losing, and the pressure as well, adds a different and exciting challenge to appreciate and crave victory and trophys more imo.

Like i said in my previous post.

Yeah, but the value you personally place on a game won through reloading is completely irrelevant because it doesn't matter what a person does on their own game in the privacy of their own bedroom or study.

I used to ages ago. But now i just play FM im blocks, and never have auto save on, so if i was to restart, i'd lose about 3-4 months in one go.

Which means i'd still be on my first season with spurs, barnet and afc wimbledon!!! (weegie)

So no.

It's all about learning!

Even if you think a player is amazing, he comes into your team and is utter *****, then u sell em on and keep going!

Look at rebrov at spurs, everyone thought oooooooooh........then ohhhhhhhhhhh hes *****!

Yeah, but the value you personally place on a game won through reloading is completely irrelevant because it doesn't matter what a person does on their own game in the privacy of their own bedroom or study.

Too true, thats why i saved my ass with those 3 important letters at the end of it....imo :D

I've never really done it, just defeats the object but I guess i can understand that is up everyone how they play the game. Still, when my mate told me he did it I did get the strong compulsion to thump him round the head to knock some sense into him lol

But thats football? It happens like that sometimes. There is a certain thrill to losing, and the pressure as well, adds a different and exciting challenge to appreciate and crave victory and trophys more imo.

Well league titles aren't decided on 1 game anyway really so i don't ever find myself in the situation where i just start playing and the 1st game will decide whether or not i will win that league or trophy if you understand me.

Its only when i'm on long winning streaks too... if i was losing when i load up it doesn't matter what the result is! I feel pretty strongly that if i didn't have to quit that i would of continued my good form! So if i loaded and won the game then next game i lost i would continue regardless of how it occurred!(the loss)

Also games with others is completely different! you're all in the same situation! But i would object if we were stopping whilst everyone else had played their 20th game of season and i was going to play mine the next day (in game!)

Well league titles aren't decided on 1 game anyway really so i don't ever find myself in the situation where i just start playing and the 1st game will decide whether or not i will win that league or trophy if you understand me.

Its only when i'm on long winning streaks too... if i was losing when i load up it doesn't matter what the result is! I feel pretty strongly that if i didn't have to quit that i would of continued my good form!

Also games with others is completely different! you're all in the same situation! But i would object if we were stopping whilst everyone else had played their 20th game of season and i was going to play mine the next day (in game!)

Your preference which is fine. I still couldn't do it though. :)

Its only when i'm on long winning streaks too... if i was losing when i load up it doesn't matter what the result is! I feel pretty strongly that if i didn't have to quit that i would of continued my good form! So if i loaded and won the game then next game i lost i would continue regardless of how it occurred!(the loss)

I guess what i do is more of a superstition then how i play my game!

I used to ages ago. But now i just play FM im blocks, and never have auto save on, so if i was to restart, i'd lose about 3-4 months in one go.

I just remembered about this post and it basically sums up how i play my games too. Its just in between those large stints that what i do comes in to play - only in certain circumstances as already stated. It really is a rare occurance.

Think thats me done on this topic lol but i would like to hear what others reasoning is!

I have gone nuts and reloaded a few times in the past, also I tend to reload if a goal is scored after an AI formation change immediately, once I found out the AI suddenly changes the formation and it immediately leads to a goal every time.

Archived