The FM09 Scouting System

Hi all,

I've read the blogs on content coming for the game; It sounds great - and at the moment, I can't wait for the new game to finally show up in stores. One of my favorite things to do in the game is to discover new young talent.

I'm curious if there has been made any substancial changes/additions to the scouting system in the game;

- I've read that we can now set our scouts to 'Roam'; as in visit countries and leagues of their own choosing and report back

Besides that, has anything been uttered that I've missed out on?

Has there been any word on setting criterias to what feedback you get and when?

---------- For example: I would like my scouts to -only- report back to me regarding a player if that mentioned player is interested in a move to my club. Too many times, 80/90% of the time, good players are being reported in to me through my scouts but when I make an offer they are not willing to join the club. It makes the scouting using AI scouts not worth while for me personally, so I'm basicly roaming clubs and national youth teams myself - and sack my scouts as I am doing that work myself.

Thanks a lot for any and all response to this thread, and keep up the good work SI. :)

I would like to add a question for this topic: Will it be possible to scout talents ourselves (for example if there is a player with hidden stats, and by attending a match the player's stats will not be hidden)?

Hi all,

I've read the blogs on content coming for the game; It sounds great - and at the moment, I can't wait for the new game to finally show up in stores. One of my favorite things to do in the game is to discover new young talent.

I'm curious if there has been made any substancial changes/additions to the scouting system in the game;

- I've read that we can now set our scouts to 'Roam'; as in visit countries and leagues of their own choosing and report back

Besides that, has anything been uttered that I've missed out on?

Has there been any word on setting criterias to what feedback you get and when?

---------- For example: I would like my scouts to -only- report back to me regarding a player if that mentioned player is interested in a move to my club. Too many times, 80/90% of the time, good players are being reported in to me through my scouts but when I make an offer they are not willing to join the club. It makes the scouting using AI scouts not worth while for me personally, so I'm basicly roaming clubs and national youth teams myself - and sack my scouts as I am doing that work myself.

Thanks a lot for any and all response to this thread, and keep up the good work SI. :)

So far you haven't missed any further feature announcement in respect of scouting as far as I'm aware.

In terms of your second issue, I like it the way it is because I want my club to grow and then already have players scouted who might then be happy to join. However, mostly scouts report on players who are not interested yet because I told them to scout those individually. I never saw overly many reports on players who are not interested otherwise.

So far you haven't missed any further feature announcement in respect of scouting as far as I'm aware.

In terms of your second issue, I like it the way it is because I want my club to grow and then already have players scouted who might then be happy to join. However, mostly scouts report on players who are not interested yet because I told them to scout those individually. I never saw overly many reports on players who are not interested otherwise.

I second this. In fact I actually think sometimes my scouts were too conservative in their assessment of who would be willing to join my club. There've been times when I've sent them to scout a player, they've told me a player wouldn't be willing to sign for us, I bid for the player anyway, and the player ends up signing, albeit with an insanely high weekly wage.

I'd like to see Africa consolidated into one region. No need to have Western Africa, Easter Africa...

Playing in the PL, my scouts rarely find anyone worthwhile in outside of Europe/South America. This is not like real life where quality African players are everywhere. I believe the problem is that there aren't enough active leagues represented in the game. So in FM, African players are regened in European clubs rather than discovered in their native country.

Same goes for Asian regions.

From a gameplay perspective, it doesn't matter how big Africa is. I see no point in wasting time scouting Africa, espeically if there are four separate regions. Make it like EA Fifa series. Africa and Asia should each be one region.

Archived