Parachute Payments

I'm assuming these are going to be included with all the financial research SI have done. Not that i plan on getting relegated, but will this make it so much easier to bounce straight back up? not that its hard already. [ and not that i've ever been relegated ; ) ]

how is this going to work in game? does anybody know how it works in real life (e.g. is it a monthly cash injection? )

It has been in the game since they were introduced. So for a number of past versions of FM and probably CM as well.

I though they were only introduced in 2006/07?

Anyway I must say I didn't think they were included either. I took over Bolton in the Championship halfway through the season after their relegation from the Prem, and didn't notice any parachute payments, but I assumed you got them in a lump sum at the start of the season.

But at the start of the next season (2nd after relegation) still didn't get any payments, or at least there wasn't a news item about them. I don't pore over the accounts, so maybe they were included in extra TV revenue but can't say I noticed.

Archived