Players signing that managers don't approve

That only really happened at the major clubs tho didn't it, chairmen (and women) would demand high profile players and if you didnt give him something to smile about he'd go and get some high reputation player for the position you've already got 9 players for

At one point I started a game with Chelsea and the opening statement from Abramovich told me that I should be trying to bring high claibre players to the club and suggested Maxi Rodriguez and Stankovic, I ignored him and signed some good players for low prices, he went ahead and signed Stankovic with the rest of the funds. That was the end of that game.

Would this ever be brought in to the game for clubs that do have Directors of Football and other nonsense backroom roles?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with a director of football buying and selling players as long as it was only done in countries where it normally happens irl i.e Spain. I dont know how easy or difficult it would be to implement this feature only for certain countries though. I woudn't be in favour of it as part of the british leagues though where we've seen irl with managers like Keegan, Curbishley and surprisingly Ramos at spurs it really doesn't suit our hands on kind of managers.

Archived