How will you use the demo

Each year, the demo provides me with much needed time on tactics before the full game comes out.

I will enjoy everything else the new versions offer, but as soon as I get the demo on my PC, I'm straight to the tactics area and I spend days trying to master the tactical side of the game before the full version comes out.

What do you do when you get the demo?

Do you stick to the same pattern of play like me or explore all the new features?

I use it as most of you have said to test out old and new tactics.

then have a play around with the training and transfer market as its good to try out players before i start a proper game on the full game, also this year i will be testing it on my laptop to see how it handles so i can transfer games between the two.

I will start of as Man Utd and have a look at players to I expect to have improved and try and find any bargains and I will also check out all of the new feautures so that I am ready for when the full game is released :D.

Guest roberto922

I'll be spending time trying to find some funny speeches on the Press Conferences :) As well as that I'll probably be looking alot at the players and who's improved, who's gonna be the best prospects etc. I don't really bother with tactics.

Just to check out what the new features are like and any hidden ones i might discover. This year will be very important to me so i can check out the 3D alot. Won't worry about tactics tooo much because if i manage a club in a complete different position league and stature wise, those tactics can sometimes be useless.

Create tactics, trying different formations, try to get real life styles played out on the pitch.

Sort a shortlist for players ill go after in the full game.

Mess about with training, usually never bother in the full game, but will try my best to do it this version.

Sort out reserves and youth teams, releasing any dead wood or crap players.

Looks for bugs etc.

I will mess about with the tactics and training and export them for use in my proper game save. I'll also test out the transfer market and jot down who to buy and for how much in the main game. Also I will play about the new features. New laptop comes on Wednesday *squee*

I'll probably just pick any topflight team and just play around with the new features for the 6 months or so that the demo gives you.

Do you think there will be an option to continue a demo game with the full version? There was on a previous incarnation.

yes there is

The demo always has a certain 'atmosphere' to it. You feel like you're looking from a train window at a new world you can't quite go dive into, and you know that when you get off the train, you'll be where you always were. Back in the previous version. Its heady stuff while you're looking though.

On a less philosophical note, I never use it for any specific reason because the database isn't full etc, so I just poke around and wish for the full one. Its always a seminal moment though, the demo, and I hope there'll always be one. Don't know about anyone else but FM and the launching of new games has as many memories and traditions tied up in it as real football.

I use it as a dress rehearsal for the team I normally play. My team is a pretty challenging task so its nice to get a good idea what to do and make a good clean start to my mangerial career. Also have tactics are ready and set to go... home, away, big team counter attack stuff tried, tested and tweaked before the real deal.

i never choose the team i'll play with for real, cos if i have a great start on the demo and fail to eclipse it on the game its annoying. use it to try the old FM08 tactis, to no avail, cos it'll be a new set of tactics that'll be winning key this time

I play as my favourite team, Celtic, for the six months as I'm a LLM and rarely if ever get the chance to manage Celtic in the full game (though I do fondly remember my game where I went from East Fife, to Hamilton, to Betis, to Celtic, and won the CL... its what makes LLM worth all the pain)

Archived