How has the 3D View affected your decision to buy FM09

How has the introduction of the 3D view affected your decision to buy FM09  

139 members have voted

1. 1. How has the introduction of the 3D view affected your decision to buy FM09

• I wouldn't have bought FM09 if 3D hadn't been introduced
    • I would have got FM09 anyway but look forward to seeing the 3D view.
    • I will get FM09 but doubt I will use the 3D view
    • 3D view has turned me off FM! :eek:

None of the options especially fitted my situation, but I went for option 3.

Basically I had every intention of getting FM09, but the introduction of 3D means I might have been slightly less likely to get it because I doubt my current laptop could handle it and buying a game where I know I can't use one potentially exciting new feature would irritate the hell out of me.

As it is I'll almost certainly be buying FM09 anyway and will hopefully get a new laptop too...if not then it'll probably have to be 2d still for me!

None of the options especially fitted my situation, but I went for option 3.

Basically I had every intention of getting FM09, but the introduction of 3D means I might have been slightly less likely to get it because I doubt my current laptop could handle it and buying a game where I know I can't use one potentially exciting new feature would irritate the hell out of me.

As it is I'll almost certainly be buying FM09 anyway and will hopefully get a new laptop too...if not then it'll probably have to be 2d still for me!

Can you're laptop run LMA 2007? If it can then 3D will be fine as it is not very detailed.

I was going to buy FM09 anyway but the new 3D match engine has made it even more desirable for me! It is the future of FM and therefore I don't know why there are so many complaints from forum members about it. It is the feature that I am looking forward to the most in FM09 :).

Never tried LMA2007, but I returned to my old TCM2003 over the weekend just to remind myself what that was like and it crashes quite regularly - probably something graphics card related (unless it was just a bug - I seem to remember it crashed a few times on my old PC) and system requirements, even for "not very detailed" 3D have moved on quite a few notches since TCM2003!

google "can you run it" and use that site to test your laptop against games like Fifa Manager 2007 and LMA along with other games with not that great graphics

Altertanively, you could wait for the release of the system requirements which will be released some time today I believe.

CM before now FM is a no brainer for me.

Regardless of the criticism, bugs and so on I will eventually buy the game. I always do in fact, never knowingly missed a version. I also generally for my sins buy the other 2 (competitors!) cheap and after a couple of months flog them down at the local computer exchange shop.

I always keep FM until just before the new iteration comes out, and then sell that as well down at the computer exchange shop. That way my house is not cluttered with many and varied footie management games.

The 3d excites as I like visuals and coupled with SI’s superb match engine, wide screen (\o/) and all the other new stuff then as I said no brainer.

K

:)

I don't really care about the 3D thing, and will buy the game either way but i'm not all that interested in any of the new features, so I might even hold off until I see it on the bargains shelf.

Feel much the same way tbh. I was kinda wishing it WASN'T the 3D match engine when the Che stuff started to appear but rather something less superficial. Alas t'was not to be.

Archived