Ticket Prices

Im currently at ridditch and in league 1, trying to get into the playoffs to get promoted. As I got promoted to league 1 i noticed i got an higher average attendance then last season which im happy for the money :p So Ill be upgrading my stadium in the off season, but I was wondering as Ive been getting promoted do my ticket prices ever change?

Have a look at the revenue from Gate Receipts on your finance screen. I assume the prices will increase, but we don't have a definate figure available for view.

Yes but that would only be because of the crowd growth to games.

Good question imo.

Like Nomis said, the only way to check if your ticket prices have gone up or not is by checking the Gate Reciepts and seeing if they have gone up since you were in League 2. Ovcourse you have to take into account the attendance aswell.

Yes but that would only be because of the crowd growth to games.

It depends on the growth in revenue. If there is a sizeable increase, despite only a slight gain in attendance, it would be safe to say that ticket prices have increased. If there is a small difference, which seems comparable to the increase in attendance, then it's safe to say the ticket prices haven't increased.

It's guess work, because there is no ticket price to view, but IMO you have the ability to make a sound enough guess.

It depends on the growth in revenue. If there is a sizeable increase, despite only a slight gain in attendance, it would be safe to say that ticket prices have increased. If there is a small difference, which seems comparable to the increase in attendance, then it's safe to say the ticket prices haven't increased.

Yeah i re read what i wrote and noticed i wrote would instead of could which made my entire post pointless, couldn't have been bothered to have changed it and now its come back at me!

You could possibly work out the ticket prices by taking the revenue from the Gate Reciepts at the end of the season and dividing it by the average attendance and then when you get promoted again, do the same and this will show you if the ticket price has increased or not.

I for one would like to see how much an individual ticket price/season ticket would cost in the finances screen. A simple addition which would make you feel some sense of accomplishment seeing your success translated into how much a ticket would cost. Good question.

I for one would like to see how much an individual ticket price/season ticket would cost in the finances screen. A simple addition which would make you feel some sense of accomplishment seeing your success translated into how much a ticket would cost. Good question.

Yeh, this would be a nice little addition. Also, a new news item could be included from the board telling you that because of the clubs recent promotion/cup win etc. the ticket price will be going up from X amount to Y amount.

Or even have the option asking the board to raise or lower the ticket prices? And maybe have a fan reaction occasionally

Nope!! Any further involvement in the financial process would be totally unrealistic and irritating! It already annoys me that I am culpabale for the boards financial mistakes, so I don't want the possibility of me being blamed to be enhanced.

Or even have the option asking the board to raise or lower the ticket prices? And maybe have a fan reaction occasionally

I like it. It would either keep the fans happy (by lowering ticket prices) or upset them (by highering ticket prices) but if you asked to raise ticket prices at the right time (e.g. after promotion) then the fans wouldn't be stay happy because they know that the club is advancing :).

Season ticket prices go up from year to year even when you don't win a promotion so I'm guessing ordinary ticket prices can go up also.

I've had times at Bremen and Fiorentina where I am told I have sold fewer season tickets than the year before yet our season ticket income is higher.

As for calculating normal ticket cost, you can't just divide by average attendance because a lot of them are season ticket holders. Best you can do is to do that at a cup game to try to get the actual ticket price.

Definetly agree that we should have no involvement, but maybe when it says 'we've sold X number of season tickets, it could say at the bottom of the message that "a adult season ticket at Shrewsbury Town will be £300 this year"

Not important admittedly, but then neither is the message telling you how many you've sold. Just think little bits of info go to making you feel really involved, as long as they're not silly, and I don't think for the sake of two lines on a message that this is silly. Pointless - but not stupidly so, to sum up.

you shuldbe able to make the ticket prices diffent for every game if you wish

I could imagen some people getting a kick out of this, although i personally wouldn't. To much involvement financially from a managers point of view imo. However, perhaps you could ask for an increase or decrease, yet i still see this as needless.

just divide your average attendance the year or two before by the annual gate receipts and see what an avg. ticket price was compared to now.

As Glamdring pointed out earlier, this wouldn't be accurate as some spectators would be season ticket holders.

I was back playing TCM2003 over the weekend just to remind myself what it was like as it is the only 3D football game I've bought.

I'm having great fun setting ticket prices, buying merchandise for the club shop, extending the club's youth facilities and spending £17 million on extending my club's ground which only ever filled to capacity for 4 matches of the season anyway (if ever evidence were needed as to why this is not part of a manager's responsibility, there it is!), but it is all novelty stuff (as, to be honest, is that 3d match engine to me) - it gets me absolutely hooked for a few days, but it doesn't have longevity like FM does because it isn't realistic.

I am all in favour of additional stats to view, such as prices of season tickets, normal match tickets, numbers of away fans vs home fans at matches, etc, etc, but in FM I don't ever want to be able to set those for myself, I play the mickey mouse football management games for a few days or a week when I want that!

I think ticket prices go up if you gain reputation or if you get promoted or both.

Don't know exactly what the editable ticket prices in database mean. I have tried to set those really high (Premier division level prices) for a Blue Square Premier club once but the actual amount I was getting per ticket was way lower.

• SI Staff

Yes, ticket prices are dynamic in the game and go up/down depending on how the team does in the game universe. That goes for both average match ticket price as well as season ticket prices.

Having more information available in the game about the ticket prices sounds like a nice idea as well :)

Archived