Players Birthday

I was curious as I thought that by changing all my players birthdays to 29th of april the game may allow me to keep players for decades without their attributes falling because they would be getting older as the game may recognise them by their age and not by how long theyve been playing

Mike Pollitt's birthday is the 29th of Feb, I know from my Wigan game...

It takes their birthday as the 29th, but makes them older normally. I guess when it goes past the 29th it knows he has passed his birthday and makes him a year older.

Are you saying that for the three out of every four years where there is no February 29th, it makes him a year older on March 1st?

I would assume the players age isn't actually stored in the database, just his date of birth, and his age would be calculated from that by taking the difference between his date of birth and the current date. based on this, i would say that a player who's birthday is on the 29th of february would get older on the 1st of march in a none leap year.

I was curious as I thought that by changing all my players birthdays to 29th of april the game may allow me to keep players for decades without their attributes falling because they would be getting older as the game may recognise them by their age and not by how long theyve been playing
Are you saying that for the three out of every four years where there is no February 29th, it makes him a year older on March 1st?

No offence to both of you, but to me both these border on stupidity. Tongue in check ofcourse!

Good question, but logic says SI would take care of something like that.

No offence to both of you, but to me both these border on stupidity. Tongue in check ofcourse!

Good question, but logic says SI would take care of something like that.

Umm.. if you don't want to cause offence, don't refer to people as 'bordering on stupidity'. I would of course expect SI to take care of something like this. I was merely trying to understand the post which I quoted, as it wasn't very clear.

Umm.. if you don't want to cause offence, don't refer to people as 'bordering on stupidity'. I would of course expect SI to take care of something like this. I was merely trying to understand the post which I quoted, as it wasn't very clear.

Mate it was a dry comment, not needed looking back on it and stupid but it was ment to not be taken too seriously. If you had said it to me, or something worse i wouldn't blink twice; if you let things like that get to you the world will cave in before too long. But i suppose every one reacts differently. Apologises, like i've already stated. I would have already deleted it however it would have made some posts look utterly random.

Mate it was a dry comment, not needed looking back on it and stupid but it was ment to not be taken too seriously. If you had said it to me, or something worse i wouldn't blink twice; if you let things like that get to you the world will cave in before too long. But i suppose every one reacts differently. Apologises, like i've already stated. I would have already deleted it however it would have made some posts look utterly random.

Firstly, I don't need a lecture on what will or won't cause the world to cave in for me. I wasn't at all worked up by what you said. After my reply, I returned to my work and forgot all about it. However, calling someone's question stupid when it was perfectly reasonable, is always going to cause offence regardless of whether it comes with that daft rider 'no offence'. I'm pleased that you wouldn't blink twice. But I felt that the use of the word 'stupid' warranted a response. I do, however, accept your apology, and now I am moving on.

Firstly, I don't need a lecture on what will or won't cause the world to cave in for me. I wasn't at all worked up by what you said. After my reply, I returned to my work and forgot all about it. However, calling someone's question stupid when it was a perfectly reasonable, is always going to cause offence regardless of whether it comes with that daft rider 'no offence'. I'm pleased that you wouldn't blink twice. But I felt that the use of the word 'stupid' warranted a response. I do, however, accept your apology, and now I am moving on.

Fair point.

Archived