Parent clubs for smaller top flight teams!!!!

just started a game unemployed and have taken over at Naftan, a Belarussian Highest League side. The squad is pretty shocking and i have to rely on bringing in a few frees.

i have Russian and Ukrainian league running also, i think it'd fit perfect to have a Ukranian or Russian side as a parent club, the majority of their reserves'd get in my first team, but obviously bcos i'm a "top flight" outfit the board won't discuss the matter.

Fair does, i can understand top flight clubs from England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France shouldn't need parent clubs, but the smaller leagues should!!!! It's a bit annoying, as on a recent SPL game i was Motherwell and couldnt get a parent, but Hearts had Arsenal as a parent, preset! Go Figure.

Something that should be addressed.

opinions on this?

Have to agree with you on this, although sometimes I have managed to get a parent club but never by request. Once or twice as low EPL clubs that have just been promoted, the board has given me a parent club without a request and it usually ends up being a European giant.

I would definitely like to think that you should be able to get parent clubs based on rep alone independent of your league. That said, the league rep of the Top Belarussian league is likely to be similar to the league rep of an English lower league and if they can get parents then you should be able to as well. This probably means that something else affects whether the board will consider requests although I'm not sure what could be doing this.

Completely agree. The only thing I can suggest is that you request feeder clubs as this can sometimes cause your board to find a parent club as well, which is presumably what happened to BP Doosra above?!?

psv have chelsea as there parent club so not sure why a belarussian team wont allow a parent club

I think that this should be implemented into the game. For teams in the top flight of countries that are not very repitable (have I made that word up? lol) then they should be given the option to have a parent club from England, Italy, Spain etc.

I had a similiar thing at dundee utd (top flight scottish team) the board would not discuss being a feeder team to anyone but at the beginning of the 2nd season they introduced chelsea as a parent club. This was outwith my control but I wasnt going to reject the cash or the opportunity of di santo and sinclair on loan :)

Got to say, despite my earlier comment which was more an observation than an irritation, the whole idea of parent clubs is totally uninteresting to me in general. I had Manchester United as a parent club with Scunthorpe in FM08, I got 3 crap right-backs on loan from them. The only good player I got who made it into our first team in the first season was Johnny Evans.

Parent clubs aren't a bad thing, glamdring, you just don't always get lucky on them. I took over Hitchin Town in the BSP (they were promoted after a season, they don't start there) and got Watford as a parent. Managed to take a few players on loan, and a player just out of their U-18 side came to me and scored a double hattrick in his first game, while a similarly-aged winger they sent me tore apart most defences he played against. Within a season, I was favoured personnel with the striker, which is something which rarely happens with me (I'm not a great manager), and he was the league player of the season.

Yes parent teams can be of great help in league 1 and below, however i find if i'm a rising championship side, especially after a few years into my save, that many of the players on offer are no better than what i already have. But considering lower statured teams in lower statured leagues however they are in their 'top flight' have little or no room for progression, so a parent club for them, and the ability to ask for a parent club would be a good add imo.

I got Real Madrid as a feeder on 07 with Reading :D.

The only problem was, I won the league the season I got them, and none of their young players were good enough for my first team :(.

i had chelsea as parent club while in the championship with norwich when i got promoted the chelsea link was cancelled but the club annouced league with real madrid

Archived