Stat Question

A quick question,

Sometimes i get a little annoyed that people in lower leagues dont get treated correctly,

its undoubted that Fabian Delph and Jermaine Beckford will more than likely end up in the Championship/Low end Premiership

will stats reflect this? or will yet again youngsters in League 1/2 who are have a bright future and are currently playing well had poor normal stats?

sureley they desrve championship stats in league 1?

Any thoughts?

they do to an extent, certainly Jermaine Beckford is one of the best players in League 1 in 08 and improves so they do.

But i do agree that they should be given more of a chance, however they are unproven at a higher level so there is no way in knowing for sure how good they will get.

Ye he was, but as soon as you get Leeds promoted he would not figure as you would have to sell and buy a better striker

i think my gripe is that i want to see moreimprovement from then, too many league 1 and 2 players find themselvs on a free transfer list in 2 years. In real life people can stay at a team they have been promoted with and still do a job, look at all reading team, bolton from a while back ect...

if that makes sense?

There is a reason more often than not that a player is a lower league player, more often than not its because thats what standard they are.

Researchers, watch first team, reserve team and more often than not youth team games to come up with Current abilities and potential abilities. What a lot of people dont understand is that if a player say has finishing of 14 thats actually really high as its done on a world wide scale.

Im sure the Leeds researcher will have looked into Fabian Delph and rated his PA on hopw good he thinks he can become.

Archived