All this POWER at my fingertips! - whoops, butterfingers...

Oh God! I feel terrible!

I was just arranging my pre season friendlies - not giving it too much thought, bacaus Im busy watching the world cup. (It's quite a good one this year - Northern Ireland have 3 wins out of 3 in a group containing Germany and England, and Burkina Faso have topped Brazil's group too)

I arrangd my traditional pre season tournament against some of the top Italian teams. This year, I made extra sure that no-one would be pullin out due to european quallifying rounds, and went for Florentina (1st), Roma (16th) and Lazio (17th).

However, just then, disaster strikes!

Due to Lazio being 17th their manager is under bardroom pressure.

I've accidently clicked on the 'declare interest in job' button instead of 'arrange friendly'.

(I'm quite surprised there isn't an are you sure box for this)

To make it worse - this isn't any manager I've pottentially condemmned. This is Massimo Longo - My former left back.

To make matters worse, he's actually been doing a pretty good job at Lazio.

They were promoted the season before, and flailing about in the bottom two until he took over in November and he's saved them from relegation - bit of a hero in my book...

In a desparate effort to make ammends I release a comment to the press saying what a great job he's been doing and that they should keep him.

As a result, anyone reading the sports pages on 25th June must have assumed I was in serious need of a psychaiatrist.

[WARNING - The following screenshots are dark, moody and atmospheric. I'm not sure quite how this happened]

Article 1

Article 2

It was all to no avail though, as by the next morning he was sacked.

Although the media didn't name me as a possible replacement, my fingerprints were all over it.

Why have I done this? What could I have done to stop it.

And would there be much bad feeling if I hired him as my assistant manager now, y'know, his stats aren't bad...

Nothing odd there. You think he's doing well, but would be happy to step in should he be fired.

I think Arsene Wenger is doing a fantastic job at Arsenal. However, I'd like to take this oppertunity to reassure Mr. Hill-Wood that should Arsene go, I'm willing to step in.

Archived