Still CRAZY about FM2007; How do I keep a talented youngster?

I am still playing FM2007, and I need help on this one:

I really really need your help... here is my story;

I got a player, who is only 20 years old, because of my stupidity when I first transferred him I also transferred too many players at the time, and he immediately wanted to be transfer listed because too much competition. I was afraid, I rejected his request.

Now he had played most of the season on first team, although he was 'rotation player' his morale arrow even went up to superb at times, as I was able to get out of group stages in Champions League, as I was one of the first 2 teams in my group with Barcelona. Won my league, and won my national league cup.

However... I just can't lose this guy, I have been demanding something outrageous for this fellow when teams want to transfer him and they end up not following up with another offer.

and now, its getting very very tricky, his contract expires at May 2013, and now I am exactly in the beginning stages of season 2011-2012, so I am like in July 2011.

this is what it still says on its profile;

General Happiness: Unsettled

Slight Concerns: Feels the manager doesn't appreciate his contribution to the team

Major Concerns: wants to be transfer listed

Last year all thru out season after I rejected his initial request to be put on transfer market, although I played him I put him to transfer list 2 times and took it out thru season, to see if that would change his MAJOR concern, never did, even I put him to transfer list later he still had 'wants to be transfer listed'

now I am really looking for experienced managers out there... give me some tips, it really looks like a tricky one.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Set him on the transfer list. Since you've got 2 years till his contract end, you won't lose him. In my experience a player who wants to be on the transfer list, doesn't want to be on it within a year.

Another thing that you should do is let the youngster play every match. In this way he knows he is important enough for your first team.

thanks for the quick answer... I tried putting him on transfer list all thru last season, and when I do it, the major concern still stays the same, only thing changes is Unsettled part, it changes to Looking to leave the club which I thought is worse than Unsettled. I know he is not going to want a new signed contract at the end of season when he has 1 year left. so this season is my only shot. I was thinking to stay consistent. :) so are you sure I need to transfer list him again mate? :) (this guy is amazing, he is got like 10 different things he does in his POSITIONS tab, like dictates tempo, changes flanks with passing, runs thru the middle, lobs the keeper, dive into tackles...)

something amazing happened guys!!!!!!!!!

he kept snubbing my contract offers, so I accepted Fenerbahce's offer, guess what happens!!! TRANSFER DEAL FALLS OUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOO MANY FOREIGN PLAYERS!!! so I am back to having him 'unsettled' and not in transfer list.

so now, my 2 options, get him on the transfer list with some crazy value so people keep not following until hopefully I have a whole year where I play him most and him being changing his mind before his last year (after this season 2011-2012 is over, his contract expires at end of 2012-2013 season)

or keep him not on transfer list still play him and make him first team player, hoping he will still change his mind the same way.

so transfer list or not? (his major concern is still wants to be transfer listed, and I am just afraid it will stay that way even if I put him to transfer list)

crafty bison I AM DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE SUGGESTING... thank you!!!

lets see how this goes, one more question,

having any players 'unavailable for transfer/loan' before there is any offers, would that make a player worry, and wanting to go to a bigger team when there is interest without offers, is it better to have no set status until receiving offers and then just play the asking for really high value 'game'. what do you reckon?

guys... help please :)

I did what most of you suggested, placed him on transfer list, when he had major concern as 'wants to be transfer listed'

but then nothing changed, he still want to be transfer listed, I am in December 2011, his contract expired in May 2013,

I am thinking to sell him if there is any offers before end of 2011-2012 season, I am playing him every match, made him my key player.

no change at all, he is still 'expecting to leave the club'

Maybe something is gonna happen if his average rating ends up at some level end of the season, whats the key element for them

to change their minds?

any input is appreciated.

Just keep doing what you're doing and hang in there. Praise him after a string of good performances (9's and 10's) but not too much.

You're doing all you can - Key Player, playing every game, transfer listed... but you have to face that you might lose him anyway.

And personally if I had to sell him I would sell him to anyone but another Turkish club.

You will hate having to play against him.

In my last save I was Millwall. Us and West Ham ended up two of the biggest clubs in England.

So when I had this awesome kid (DM/AMRC) from Belarus on a four year contract (no Work Permit though) I loaned him out to my WP feeder club Geel (in Belgium), who then severed links with us after half a season.

And then the only work permit clubs my board offered were in Poland!

Eventually I had to sell him in the December before his contract expired because I held out as long as I could (until Belarus' last match for the year) trying to re-sign him (he couldn't get a work permit even though he had played nearly 20 matches for the Belarus first team).

I didn't want to lose him on a Bosman (he was about 24 at this stage and had never played for our first team, though he had been on loan in the Serie A and La Liga) and I especially didn't want to lose him to our arch-rivals West Ham.

So I sold him to Hercules in Spain but after two seasons they sold him to f***ing West Ham.

Needless to say, he had a blinder every single time we played them, including 2 assists in the FA Cup Final (we lost 2-0).

That West Ham team had about 6 former Milwall players. Gutted.

guys thank you for quick response!!! all the way from UK indeed!!!

snoweel You are so right about it, I also thought about it, because Fenerbahce offered and accepted my outrageous 15M plus 25 percent next sale demand, and I couldn't reject it because I didn't wanna make him more upset (this is happening just before 2011-2012 season, now I am in January 2012) and I accepted the offer, and Fenerbahce had to cancel the transfer because they didnt have more space for additional foreigners!!! can you believe it!!! I am thinking if I get a decent offer from some distant country team :))) I will accept it because he is not delivering those ratings to praise him, he is just playing 7s, rarely 8s, but he is only 20 years old and just phenomenal attributes, and when I got him when he was 17 years old, my scout with all high attributes said 'purchase him, whatever the price is'.

crossing my fingers these few months, I just don't understand why his 'major concern' is STILL 'wants to be transfer listed' although he is been transfer listed since the beginning of the season about 5 full months. the only reason I can think of is because I didn't accept his initial outburst to be transfer listed first so that major concern is not going away even though now I transfer listed myself...

it's like a bug right? :)

thank you so much guys its been pleasure reading your experiences/feedback

He is from Hungary, his surname is 'Keki' I think I will give you his full name when I get home tonite. He is a central midfielder, very high attributes with young age, and on positions screen he has 10 different things he does, from changing the ball from flank to flank, running thru the center, places shots, lobs goalkeepers, comes deep to get the ball, tries tricks etc, he is 20 years old and center midfielder, but his pace is already 19!!!

he just played '8' and I came out and praised him, he said he was happy about the praise and want to play even better in the future.

I am in February 2012 (contract expires in May 2013) still he is 'unhappy' although his morale fluctuates between good and okey since I am playing him almost all games... his ratings usually 7, some 6 some 8.

he is from Hungary and his name is Gabor Keki

he is amazing in terms of attributes I can tell you that,

although I put him on transfer list as you guys suggested he still has 'wants to be transfer listed' on major concerns, why is that???

Just an update guys, I am approaching to the end of season 2011-2012

so he will have only 1 year left in his contract, he is been transfer listed all season with average rating of 7.29 playing most of the matches, he still 'wants to be transfer listed' I dont understand why

maybe he just does not like the club or you or other players, or maybe he is just like Anelka used to be towards the end of his Arsenal career: a ******! anyway, at this stage, i'd say sell him, he will eventually upset the rest of the team with his constant whining

Just an update guys, I am approaching to the end of season 2011-2012

so he will have only 1 year left in his contract, he is been transfer listed all season with average rating of 7.29 playing most of the matches, he still 'wants to be transfer listed' I dont understand why

Bite the bullet and sell him. I have no place in my squad for sh*ts who think they are bigger than the team.

=)

Archived