favorite club player number/s

what's that, player's tell you what there ideal number is for there shirt

Yes iirc i think i read somewhere, where Miles had revealed that players will have a preference for their preferred shirt number when your allocating them. You can also retire numbers in 09 when a club legend retires etc.

11 is my favourite. :p

& omg, didn't notice FM09 will be having preferred player numbers! Awesome feature!!! :D

I'm worried it'll mean players getting upset when they don't get their favourite number, or that it will be difficult to assign certain numbers.

My favourite shirt numbers are, for some reason, 13 and 37.

I'm worried it'll mean players getting upset when they don't get their favourite number, or that it will be difficult to assign certain numbers.

My favourite shirt numbers are, for some reason, 13 and 37.

I can see where you are coming from, but I seem to remember hearing something saying when Cristiano Ronaldo came to Man Utd he wanted a certain number (can't remember which one) and Ferguson told him no because he wanted him to have number 7 and Ronaldo never got upset about it because he knew that it was the managers decision?

I can see where you are coming from, but I seem to remember hearing something saying when Cristiano Ronaldo came to Man Utd he wanted a certain number (can't remember which one) and Ferguson told him no because he wanted him to have number 7 and Ronaldo never got upset about it because he knew that it was the managers decision?

28 - same as what he had at sporting

Judging by his 'CR7' thing, he's gotten over it. :D

13 & 14.

13 - Bad luck number. I dont give it to anyone. (sometimes i just forget though)

14 - Johan Cruyff's number. So I tend to give it to a player who's 'simular' to him :D (nobody can be as good though, but positions/style-wise)

Meh... I guess... I go through the motions really - just the usual 2-11... my only weird one is that, especially if I know it's only a temporary measure - I like to give my best keeper 13 or 17 and if I get a hardman midfielder 16, or a special striker 20.

I can't figure out where my 13 comes from but 17 is fond memories of Raimond van der Gouw between the sticks for us at OT. 16 Roy Keane, 20 Ole Solskjaer.

I number my players by their positions on the roster. Starting 11 get 1-11:

GK: 1

DC1: 2

DC2: 3

DR: 4

DL: 5

MC1: 6

MC2: 7

MR: 8

ML: 9

ST1: 10

ST2: 11

Then, I start over with my 2nd XI, giving 12 to GK2 and so forth, skipping 13, which is my Fan Rep's nickname.

Gonna suck when I can't follow that because my ST2 wants #9 ...

"the players number always depends on their position and name!

victor moses when i signed for bolton was 42!"

He was the answer to life!!

"14 - Day of birth in feb."

Mattioson, you should be names Valentino then.

As for my favored numbers, 4 bcause of Fabregas, 9 because that's my birthdate, 10 because of Totti and 14 because of Henry.

#9 to my best offensive player, ala the Villa

#1 starting GK

Try to make all defenders a low single digit, #2 usually being right back

#7 usually to my best winger

#10 to my playmaker

#14 for a special player like Cruijff

#1 1st choice GK

#2/3 1st choice RB/LB

#4/5 1st choice CBs

#6/8 1st choice CMs

#7/11 1st choice RM/LM

#9/10 1st choice ST

except

Lucas will always wear #16

Nasri will always wear #18

for my created team #6/7 will be me (CD/CM)

#8 for the club captain/playmaker

#9 for the 1st choice ST

1st 11

GK - no.1

DR/L - no. 2/3

DC - no. 5/6

MC (more tough tackling one) - no. 4

MC (attacking one) - no. 8

MR/L - no. 7/11

ST (more creative/target man) - no. 10

ST (quicker/goalscorer) - no. 9 (my number)

After that sub keeper gets no. 13 about it though sometimes i feel a players name and type revolves around certain numbers that feel right for them e.g. usually left wingers get odd numbers such as 17 or 19.

As for myself its 9 (club number), 14 (day of birth/Cruyff) and 23 (when i was a kid, Man u didn't have a 23, so i kinda took it as my own!!)

the number 23. It's magical.

No. It's spooky ;)

Seriously though, my favourite player/number is Torres/9.

When I buy a replica shirt I always get my name and 9 on it. Love it. :thup:

I have a horrible feeling about this "preferred number" thing on FM09 now.

Players will put in shocking performances simply because their morale is low due to them not being given their "preferred number". I hope it doesn't run too deep :(

I give a lot of importance to shirt numbers, if a player has a number that is 30+ other than 32, 36, or 39 it probably means he isn't going to feature in my plans a great deal. However numbers 69, 90 and 99 are numbers i give to good players if i think they suit them. I like to have my CDM as a #4, and I normally give my GK's shirt numbers in multiples of 10 from 30 onwards, in the style of Chelsea. In my game I am in the 2018-19 season, and John Terry will be retiring soon, so I will be refraining from giving that number to anyone else!

Archived