FM09 Download Demo

Hi Guys,

It said on the lastest podcast that we can download the demo next week on the 2nd & that after saving 6 months of the demo, we can carry on from that point once we get the whole game on the 14th.

Now! I've never downloaded the demo before, I've just bought the game, so can someone tell me how on earth you can carry on from the demo onto the full version once you've installed the whole game???

yeah...it's a save game so you just move it from the demo folder to the game folder and it will work.

I never continue the game since usually you can play a couple of games in the demo before the full game comes out, and i use different teams to check out the new game and then pick the one i start of with a full game.

So are you saying that after saving 6 months of the demo, once you install & load up the full version it will be a saved game on there? if so, how does that work? Just cant seem to imagine that'll work with it being a brand new game you'll be installing??? Coz surely the demo is just a free download on to your desktop isn't it?

Yes but installing the game when it comes out is not installing your in game...game, if that makes any sense?

The game you start on the demo will be a seperate file on your computer, but when you install the full version of the game it will integrate enabling you to play and continue it on.

Cool, so basically the game kinda comes out next saturday night... well half a season of it anyway & when I get the game on the 13th (Yes, thats right, the 13th... I have a plan that works every year) I can just continue that season? So I take it that the demo is the finaly version & has no difference to the full game?

Archived