How can I get more for a player ?

Well i don't know how to get more for a player but I think you should accept all the offers as the club you accept might not interest the player and you might end up with nothing (Especially if it's the last day of the transfer window and there's no time for another round of bids).

i havent said this, it'll come into the unethical view of FM, i just taken over at Coventry on my save, and there is a fair amount of "deadwood" hanging around, i transfer list them for a reasonable amount, continue, then go see who's interested in them. save the game, then offer the players to clubs for a realistic amount, then if players recieve offers, reload game and offer the players for more money, and so on and so on until u reach the maximum any club'll pay for players!! i was selling 5 for a combined £504k initially and managed to get the total upto £1.6m. can be time consuming but good. alternatively, start high and work down without reloading, not as unethical, but players will become unhappy at constantly being offered, will get other squad members saying unhappy at treatment, and your "player loyalty" stat will free fall.

i havent said this, it'll come into the unethical view of FM, i just taken over at Coventry on my save, and there is a fair amount of "deadwood" hanging around, i transfer list them for a reasonable amount, continue, then go see who's interested in them. save the game, then offer the players to clubs for a realistic amount, then if players recieve offers, reload game and offer the players for more money, and so on and so on until u reach the maximum any club'll pay for players!! i was selling 5 for a combined £504k initially and managed to get the total upto £1.6m. can be time consuming but good. alternatively, start high and work down without reloading, not as unethical, but players will become unhappy at constantly being offered, will get other squad members saying unhappy at treatment, and your "player loyalty" stat will free fall.

I doubt that was what he was asking for... I doubt many people want to play the game like that...

However definately that is something wrong with the transfer system, we never see a bidding war between two clubs for a player

which isnt really a necessity but would be a nice touch to the game.

Negotiate the bids to (varying levels) of higher ammounts.

Ignore one of the bids (if no-one wants to negotiate, this is the one you'll accept).

When (and if) the negotiated bids come back, ignore the highest one, and cancel all others.

Offer the player out again or a slightly higher price than your current offer.

Return to step 1 until only 1 bidder remains.

This is the best way of conducting a bidding war with multiple clubs - obviously ou'll only get the super prices when there are two clubs willing to pay silly money - but even if not, you'll still be getting a proper market value (ie just over what the club with the second highest valuation would have paid, but could potentially be much less than what the club that bought him would have paid)

Obviously thee are other ways of boosting your chances, such as when you time your sales, but I assume if you're getting multiple bids on players, you're already doing all of this...

Negotiate the bids to (varying levels) of higher ammounts.

Ignore one of the bids (if no-one wants to negotiate, this is the one you'll accept).

When (and if) the negotiated bids come back, ignore the highest one, and cancel all others.

Offer the player out again or a slightly higher price than your current offer.

Return to step 1 until only 1 bidder remains.

This is the best way of conducting a bidding war with multiple clubs - obviously ou'll only get the super prices when there are two clubs willing to pay silly money - but even if not, you'll still be getting a proper market value (ie just over what the club with the second highest valuation would have paid, but could potentially be much less than what the club that bought him would have paid)

Obviously thee are other ways of boosting your chances, such as when you time your sales, but I assume if you're getting multiple bids on players, you're already doing all of this...

This is a really good idea... and doesn't involve cheating as a bove ;)

Archived