Coaching: Stars vs Mental Attributes

I've seen a whole lot of articles on how to get your coaches to 7 stars but is their mental attribute contribution being neglected?

I have 6 coaches, 4 of which are 7 star capable in certain categories. Their mental attributes really suffer (discipline 1, man-management 2, etc..).

My question is wouldn't it be better if the coach were more well rounded (discipline 12, man-management 9, etc...). Would it be better to have a 5 star coach with mental averages of 8 than a 7 star coach with mental averages of 2?

If you have a 7 star defending coach with a youth rating of 1 wouldn't the 7 stars be useless to a 17 year old star studded fullback?

If this were real id be more inclined to a well rounded coach but i'm not certain if the mental attributes are more geared toward the ast manager in the game.

Any help appreciated.

That's a good question indeed. I just pay attention to the starts ratings I get in training (and to whether the coaching youngsters stat is hight enough to guarantee that amount of stars for youth training too) and totally neglect the rest. It's fine when it's there and I go for the better alround coach if I can, but if not I don't care. Never having seen any effect of the lack in mental stats I still feel like not changing that approach, but honestly I am interested in getting to know a bit more about that as well.

That's a good question indeed. I just pay attention to the starts ratings I get in training (and to whether the coaching youngsters stat is hight enough to guarantee that amount of stars for youth training too) and totally neglect the rest. It's fine when it's there and I go for the better alround coach if I can, but if not I don't care. Never having seen any effect of the lack in mental stats I still feel like not changing that approach, but honestly I am interested in getting to know a bit more about that as well.

May be, mental attributes of coaches are somehow related to the team performance slump in the second half or late stages of league season...

As me beeing FM functionality "maniac", I need the clarification of this.

Archived