FM09 Skin

From memory they've said the packaged skin with 09 will be the same as 08 (taking into account any changes to the game itself of course), and the FMH skin will now be more like FM08s.

I've never really had any issues with it personally and it's kinda a shame so many people didn't like it after the amount of hype they put into it and obviously how much research and effort had gone into making it as user-friendly as possible but that's why there's a skinning community :)

That seemed to be the general consensus around here, hence why I remade the Flexion skin for 08

Did you actually make that skin? if so, then good job. That's what I used for 08, the default skin was the worst they've ever done. After we all whinged about it last year you'd think they would have have changed it or at least made 1 or 2 other options. The bloody handheld is going to have options, why does the PC have to be take it or leave it.

Why call me a moron? Really, grow up.

In your opinion it's crap, but there is no way Ter can please 100% even with alternatives.

You implied something similar with your "rocket science" statement, that is the only reason I said moron.

Clearly if you read all the posts you'd notice that Smurfdude actually made his own skin and others mentioned the skinning community. I said I used the Flex skin, yet you had to come in and be captain obvious with the "don't like it, don't use it" type line. Then as I said you used the "rocket science" bit, it is you that needs to 'grow up'. If you insult people expect some back.

You were the one that insulted me by calling me a moron, which i feel no need for. It isn't rocket science, but if anyone is offended by it, i apologize. Flex is a very good skin that i use myself, there are literally thousands to choose from, so there is no need for anyone to get worked up about it.

I might be captain obvious, but this forum needs it at times.

Why cant they stik to the perfect 07 skin, IMO 08 skin was terrible,

i hope they havee included a 07 like skin in this one

I agree that the 07 skin was perfect. I was disappointed that they didnt use it in 08 (or supply it as a second skin). The white one is too bright. I'd also say that the fan made skins are a disappointment as well, as people want to do too much with them.

The 07 skin is easily the best of the FM series.

You were the one that insulted me by calling me a moron, which i feel no need for. It isn't rocket science, but if anyone is offended by it, i apologize. Flex is a very good skin that i use myself, there are literally thousands to choose from, so there is no need for anyone to get worked up about it.

I might be captain obvious, but this forum needs it at times.

As I said you insulted me with the rocket science quip, when it was obvious we knew about downloading skins.

I accept your apology and apologize myself for the moron comment. :thup:

I'm not really worked up about it, but I assumed after the amount of people that voiced their disapproval of the skin last year that they may have changed it or given us 1 or 2 other options. I know some people like it but a major percentage last year didn't, surely an extra skin or 2 wouldn't be too hard to include. They did it for the handheld so why not PC. I'm not talking about changing the style, just the colours, it was too bright and the white made it pretty bland looking.

Why cant they stik to the perfect 07 skin, IMO 08 skin was terrible,

i hope they havee included a 07 like skin in this one[/quote

I hope they havee included a cheezburger in this one... ;)

Come on guy's, there will be countless of different skins available if you don't like the one SI have put on the game. You have the freedom to choose...

Me too. In fact its the only default skin I have kept and never replaced on all FM's.

Same here, for me the FM08 skin was the best default skin there's ever been. It's all down to personal taste though, and it looks like the FM08 skin has divided opinion more than the previous skins.

I think 08's skin was too light, with not enough variety between screens.

It was all very dull and boring IMO.

I'm currently using one that I downloaded, I think it is the flexion one by Smurfdude? (maybe he'll confirm, but I'm sure it is)

I think it's the best one around.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=52943

:thup:

As I said you insulted me with the rocket science quip, when it was obvious we knew about downloading skins.

I accept your apology and apologize myself for the moron comment. :thup:

I'm not really worked up about it, but I assumed after the amount of people that voiced their disapproval of the skin last year that they may have changed it or given us 1 or 2 other options. I know some people like it but a major percentage last year didn't, surely an extra skin or 2 wouldn't be too hard to include. They did it for the handheld so why not PC. I'm not talking about changing the style, just the colours, it was too bright and the white made it pretty bland looking.

Glad you guys sorted that out and are all friends!

I found 08 skin was too bright in the centre, and I'm not alone. I too feel that several skins should be packaged on release even if just retro versions of the previous games default skins (is that quick & easy to do?). Actually, I have found the skin / soundpack downloads not a piece of cake due to a bad experience once when the download went wrong and not all users have broadband or even a net connection on their "game" pc, which I think should be given more consideration. However we do not want SI faffing about delaying release of the product because of what is mainly a cosmetic thing.

• SI Staff
I too feel that several skins should be packaged on release even if just retro versions of the previous games default skins (is that quick & easy to do?)

Not really. When creating the skin for FM 2008, the FM 2007 Flexion skin was still working for a while but it got harder and harder to maintain and that was only keeping one extra skin up to date.

I quite liked the 07 skin and was not really bothered either way by the 08 skin, in my opinion, with the superb skinning community that we have at our disposal I would rather SI and Ter concentrated on the game and left the dedicated skinners to come up with better looking options for us all!

Yes exactly or maybe + a 3rd inbetween.

I think that you have just highlighted the problem, with regards to the actual look of the game (either light, dark, in-between or exactly what colours are used) SI are never going to be able to please everyone. therefore rather than worry about that and trying to do the impossible why not let the guys that create the numerous and brilliant skins on the forums do that and as I said SI concentrate on the game itself?

• SI Staff
take it back to the likes of CM00/01, where the greatest change you could do was change the text from traditional to futuristic, those were the days

You could also change the menubar and background pictures :)

I too feel that several skins should be packaged on release even if just retro versions of the previous games default skins (is that quick & easy to do?).

I don't see the point. Anyone who is interested in skins usually download a skin made by a fansite, so I don't see the point in SI spending time making a variety of skins that probably won't get used.

BTW I don't see the problem with the 08 skin, I quite liked it actually.

I use the original skin as I like it but I do feel SI should include 2 or 3 more different skins so everyone has a choice. People will now say, "well you can just download one" but some computers won't let you use them. Mine for example, won't let me use a downloaded skin for some reason.

The FM 08 skin has only one problem. It is too white IMO. People play a game like this for hours and therefore it seems reasonable to select the most eye friendly colour which happens to be the football colour green. Of course we can download other skins, but the official one is guaranteed to work while others sometimes have their problems.

The skin is clear and SI have put in work to make it more user friendly, but it could be more eye friendly. Maybe I'll just put in another background. Fortunately, there are options enough to have the game the way you want it.

Archived