Owners have more of a say in FM09

If this is so, however realistic as it may be, it takes the 'manager' part out of the game if all these interesting decision are taken away from you

unfortunatly the current state of the game have said that it would only to certain clubs aka chelsea, man city, real madrid barcelona

It happens a lil... I've had players sold and players signed before - although it was in FM07 iirc, they wanted a big name, i didn't want anyone so at the end of the january window when I hadn't signed anyone they wasted 30m on a player who wouldn't even make my team. I got ****ed and released him on a free lol

I think by adding stuff like this you're detracting from the hands-on approach from the game. It's similar to going on holiday mode, but in the transfer window. Maybe it could be worked in, in the future where you request a director of football to handle acquisitions according to your profiles 'favourite tactic' and which players the assistant manager doesn't rate so highly... I personally wouldn't want this feature, but I could see how some people would be more interested in focusing on tactics than having to scour the world for the perfect player (or opening a web browser and pointing it to player guide :)).

Anyway, we don't really want this game turning into ah... searching for a cogent paradigm... a flight simulator where your only option is to take off and then hit auto-pilot! :)

You have to draw a line somewhere because at the end of the day it's about enjoying the game. If you get too serious, or technical, you're in danger of turning the game into Econometric Analysis 20xx. Besides, as it stands, my friend will always say to me: So, how's Excel Spreadsheet Manager 2008?

Archived