Your Favourite New Feature... Except The 3D Match Engine?

What's your favourtie FM09 new feature, except the 3D match engine?  

531 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourtie FM09 new feature, except the 3D match engine?

• Assistant Manager Feedback
    • Press Conferences
    • Re-written transfer code
    • Transfer Rumours
    • New Match Sounds
    • MLS New Features
    • Retired Squad Numbers
    • Player Preferred Moves - Ask players to learn new moves
    • Position Viewer on tactics screen
    • Other (please specify)

What's everyone's favourite new feature for FM 2009? I've tried to include as many as posible. If there's any i've missed out then just put other and then write in the thread what it is.

For me it's the addition of press conferences. Adds alot of realism and will be fun to do as well.

that artur boruc can fly

Well the game had to reflect real life... what gets me is how he manages to make sure everyone looks away when he rips off his top and saves the world.

gotta go press conferences. I'm just really really hoping they won't be like the prematch 'will you win' question you always get in 08... that really bugged me

Press Conferences

Retired Squad Numbers

Player Preferred Moves - Ask players to learn new moves

Position Viewer on tactics screen

I've voted these four, but I think "Retired Squad Numbers" & "Position Viewer on tactics screen" are my favorite. They are just tiny changes, but really wonderful.

Transfer Rumours because think you might get a rumour when you havnt even heard of the player then you sign him and he becomes a gem.

This is something that I am also interested in seeing how it works. I actually thought that this was already kind of in the game because whenever you put a player on your shortlist your are constantly asked questions from the media about this which I have to say becomes quite annoying after a while so I hope this new feature is not as repetitive as this.

Actually I am looking forward to all the tweaks especially. Be it regens, the transfer system and all the rest.

If they are done well enough I might even not buy FM10 :eek:

They'll no doubt be even more for FM10 and they can work on making the 3d engine the best it can be.

I am most looking forward to the Re-written transfer code because it caused me so much hassle in FM08. Hopefully I will actually be able to negotiate a transfer deal properly in FM09 because TBH, FM08 made it impossible to negotiate...

I want to at least have the possibility of being able to build up a team (slowly, obviously) of players from my own club's youth system without getting relegated 7 divisions on the way because they are all such poor quality that you would think twice about selecting them for your local pub team, even if the rest of the squad were drunk!

Apart from that everything else I'll just take as I come to it. I opted for new match sounds because I used to love the crowd chants in CM01/02 (I think) and earlier and none of the other options excite me especially.

They'll no doubt be even more for FM10 and they can work on making the 3d engine the best it can be.

I know, I know. Just if FM09 is so much fun I might leave one version out for once.

Thought about doing this with FM08 and regretted buying it after all as I considered FM07 to be more fun, although I found it impossible to go back because of some new features of FM08.

I know, I know. Just if FM09 is so much fun I might leave one version out for once.

Thought about doing this with FM08 and regretted buying it after all as I considered FM07 to be more fun, although I found it impossible to go back because of some new features of FM08.

That's always my problem...however irritating I find a version or just plain too hard I can never happily go back to an old one because there are always some features that I miss. I have gone back to FM06, FM07 and CM03/04 in short bursts since getting FM08, but always I find myself heading back for some torture with FM08 instead of sticking with one of the others.

As for not buying a version...I don't have the will power for a full ~365 days to not buy the new one. I might hold out for 365 hours after it is first out, but eventually the pull of it will be too much!

Sorry if the answer is staring me right in the face, but would anyone happen to know where i could find more detail on the new features for FM09??

play.com and HMV.com have summaries but your best bet is to search these very forums, also upcoming blogs will expand on what we have been told!

The main things I'm looking forward to are the new UEFA Champions League, Europa League and CONCACAF Champions League formats. I know these aren't actual features of the game, but seeing how the game will simulate these new formats playing out is far more interesting to me than any of the game's new features, including the 3D match engine.

That said, in the poll I have voted for assistant manager feedback, re-written transfer code and other.

FM09 in general seems to have made massive changes this year and addressed lots of issues which really held back 07 and 08 so here's hoping it all pulls together and produces the next mile stone for football management games. I really like the fact matches will be postponed, Regens will be better and better media/board interaction to name but a few and hopefully the sound will now recreate a better match atmosphere too. Bring it on Novemeber 14th :)

Archived