Your Best FmSave

What is the best save you have ever had on fm 08!

Well have only had two save talked about one last night with a coule of guy but started a new one and here it is

Carlise United (6 Years)- I did the best i could at carlise in my first season in charge i tok the up into championship and nearly lost my job in the second due to take over but the new owner stook by me and i kept them up i finished in 20th then 15th the next season but my 2nd had man tommy green who i brought in did one to manage leeds ! i was shocked as i always thought he would get my job lol but then i got clive allen from bolton :) for the next 2 year he left for newcastle 4th season i ended 10 and 5 season ended 9th but i got tony adams at my side and then finished 7th then left for premier leauge struggles stoke adams took overmy job at United but left for hull job some month later

Stoke City (3 Years) i got the team in a huge mess wit money worries etc but they got out of it and i got them clear of the drop finishing 17th and the 15th next season bt qleft half way throught my third year for the west ham job

West Ham (Present) I have been at west ham nearly 5 year now i have won 1 cup the fa cup i won on my 3rd year there but has been a great job !!

My current unemployed save, started out with a 21'st placed Cambridge and got sacked after relegation

Went to Hednesford and kept them around 15th but resigned after the board accepted an offer for my best player.

Went back to Hednesford and am still there at the moment, the old manager bought in some decent players with alot of experience in the football league but I still arrived with a team 1 point from safety with just a few games to go :thup:

2007-2035, Several teams inc York from conf to championship, Palace to prem title, everton to Champions league final 3 years running won 1. Barca ten league titles in a row, 6 CL titles. Man utd lots of titles, CL etc, Eng world cups and euro's. Beat that sir alex

A Liverpool save from FM07 - was with them for 11 seasons and won plenty (everything at least twice IIRC), then I got bored but realised the only way was down from there so quit and started a new game. I've never really got into another Liverpool save since. I do now regret deleting that one, it was my longest stint at any club on any FM. I should have stuck with it, though I don't really know how to re-invigorate my enthusiasm for a save once my "get up and go" gets up and goes....

I am really enjoying my current Atletico Madrid save (probably my last game ever on FM08) - I've actually got a game time of over 11 days (although I've left it on overnight a few times) even though I'm only mid-way through the second season.

We won the league against all odds in the first season and despite the vultures circling pretty much since the off, I've managed to keep quite a lot of my key players. :)

At the minute we're top of the league with 17 games played: W16 D1 L0, Still in the Spanish Cup and just drawn Juventus in the Champions League 1st knockout round.

We're going great guns :thup:

My best save ever was with Basildon on FM06.

A mate and I added teams to the editor in the BSS I had Basildon and he had Andover, we only had 1 player to start with which was ourselves but set to maximum stats and CA and PA. We both opted to sell ourselves, think I got about 5mil. Then used that money to start building a squad.

Managed to get to the Championship before FM07 came out and had also signed a certain 37 year old David Beckham, who was still a top player for the Championship so was well chuffed with that.

Since then I have never been able to stay with a long term bottom to top game. Hoping that this will change for FM09 as I will be doing dafuges challenge as my first game.

my old save where i started with clyde and took them to the spl, building them into a top 6 team and was then approached by celtic and took over them taking them to 3 spl titles in a row and a uefa cup winners. Was then approached by spurs and took them to league & Fa Cup double in my 1st season there. Was about to build them into a premiership force(was top of EPL with 7 points clear) when i split with Gf and she kept the computer :( Was not a happy pup lol

my old save where i started with clyde and took them to the spl, building them into a top 6 team and was then approached by celtic and took over them taking them to 3 spl titles in a row and a uefa cup winners. Was then approached by spurs and took them to league & Fa Cup double in my 1st season there. Was about to build them into a premiership force(was top of EPL with 7 points clear) when i split with Gf and she kept the computer :( Was not a happy pup lol

gutted!

best save was on FM07 started off with Frederikstad, Norway, only a 26 game season, managed to win league and cup in 5th season, left before champions league to join Duisburg, got them promoted to bundesliga at first attempt a good start left me in 6th in bundesliga half way thru season b4 i left for Loko Moscow, did poorly in the league but won the Russian cup in first and only season, then left to take over Espanyol where i finished 9th in first season, and put together an impressive set of old boys including Ronaldinho and Rosicky, started season 2 well b4 FM08 came out and the save was left behind. been unable to match that level of commitment in 08.

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly with the FC Bayern München. Yeah I'm now in season 2023/2024 and have won every single trophy of every contest my team competed in. And this in every season. :-)

Yep, in my game I'm the ultimate superduper monster mega manager. :-)

Also I have won the World Cup with Germany for some times in a row.

I just love this game, and I never get tired of winning. :-)

Avarchillion

2007 - 2016 Copenhagen, gave them lots of succes and won Uefa cup twice while winning Champions league once and being runner up 2 times.

2016 - 2020 Chelsea, fired and got alot of their "stars" to the reserve team just to buy lots of the Copenhagen players i had, in the beginning fans werent happy but not after long when my youngsters from copenhagen started developing good it became a world class team more the less winning every damm game, i had 2 years in the league without loosing.

2020 - 2021, needed a new challenge and went to Arsenal but lost interest in that save... Got too easy.

(This save was when i was going to the US from Denmark and had lots of freetime travelling and crap... Hardcore played football manager. :p )

It's a tie between two saves. :)

Save 1 - My Asian Challenge Game

Rizhiquan (currently in 2018) - Newly promoted for the 2008 Chinese Jai League season. Spent 8 years in the Jai League before finally getting promotion to the Chinese Super League. Currently in my 3rd year in the Super League and I'm hope I can win the league this year! This is keeping me from playing FM09. :p

Save 2 - My career game

Toronto FC (January 2008 - June 2010) - I won basically everything that I was able to win at TFC (except the Club World Championship). Left for Plymouth.

Plymouth (June 2010 - June 2011) - Spent only one season at Plymouth. Got them promoted to the Premier League, but teams were offering me the managerial position left and right and settled for PSV.

PSV (June 2011 - June 2017) - PSV were champions of the Eredivisie for a few years already, and I came in as Martin Jol's successor to maintain that success. We won the league every year until 2017, where a combination of slow loading times and finally not finishing 1st in the Eredivisie, made me call it a career as a manager.

Winning southend united promotion to the prem within 3 seasons and winning the FA cup in the 2nd was without a doubt the best save game I ever had. This is the sort of thing that makes me continue to play. I play with my fave team arsenal then when bored take over a smaller team.

Archived