Supporters views on 'recent signings'

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere - I did try searching - but it's a small niggle I have with the fan confidence aspect of the game.

Basically, when you sign players who are 16/17/18 as 'hot prospects' or 'promising youngsters', and give them a couple of games in the first team, the fans seem to judge them as if they were regular squad players, saying they're a bad signing if they've had the odd match-rating of 6.

I don't know if this has been re-worked for 09, but if it hasn't, I think it could do with looking at for future versions.

I bought a youngster, his squad status was "hot prospect" as he was only 17 or 18.

Of course, he played 2 meaningless games and the fans described my signing of him as "An Aberration" :confused:

As Neji says, just ignore it as there is no long-term damage.

I had this once after signing Henri Saivet for Man Utd, him and Fleck after a few seasons became the new Rooney and Tevez and sold both players for a combined total of about £120m, Rooney being more expensive at about £70m I think, fans weren't happy with the sales but were more than happy with Fleck and Saivet upfront once I beat Chelsea 4-0!

was the first time the confidence system has been used so bound to be tweaks needed!

That's no excuse. When designing a new feature they should automatically decide how the supporters will treat youngsters, cheap players, and how they'll adjust their opinion based upon the players squad rating (backup, youngster etc).

The amount of times I've (and I've got 900million in the bank) brought a player for about half a million and they think they've been "an expensive purchase", or a player for 10 million who "was a economical purchase" is ridiculous. I've got a youngster who's played five first team games, scored four goals at an average of 6.7 and is apparently a terrible purchase.

Ok it's been fixed. Good. No excuse for it being so broken in the first place. You should be especially vigilant about how well new features work.

was the first time the confidence system has been used so bound to be tweaks needed!

We're not talking tweaks, though. We're talking basic, fundamental problems that shouldn't have been there.

It's a good job they were largely cosmetic.

That's no excuse. When designing a new feature they should automatically decide how the supporters will treat youngsters, cheap players, and how they'll adjust their opinion based upon the players squad rating (backup, youngster etc).

The amount of times I've (and I've got 900million in the bank) brought a player for about half a million and they think they've been "an expensive purchase", or a player for 10 million who "was a economical purchase" is ridiculous. I've got a youngster who's played five first team games, scored four goals at an average of 6.7 and is apparently a terrible purchase.

Ok it's been fixed. Good. No excuse for it being so broken in the first place. You should be especially vigilant about how well new features work.

Yeah I see what your saying but everything needs to be modified in order to make things better.

Archived