Does Juan Sebastián Verón have a brother?

I was just looking at Juan Sebastián Verón's favoured personnel and I saw that Iani Verón was listed there, I then checked this players favoured personnel and Juan Sebastián Verón is on his. I checked Iani Verón's history and he is at the same club as Juan Sebastián Verón (Estudiantes de La Plata) but Iani's history only goes back to 2007/08 and he is currently 23 years old (on 10th July 2010).

So what I am wondering is does Juan Sebastián Verón have a brother or are they not related and are only on each others favoured personnel because they are at the same club?

Correct, Iani is his brother, hasnt achieved much as his brother though

Here is some information about him (Spanish)

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/05/19/01421454.html

He was playing last year in the reserve squad of Estudiantes de la Plata, guess he is still there...

edit: Yes, he was loaned to a 3rd division side last year (Tristan Suarez) and returned on 2008 to Estudiantes

Thanks mate, it's really weird becaue on Wikipedia I was looking at Juan Sebastián Verón's father who was also a footballer for Estudiantes de la Plata, he was called Juan Ramón Verón and Iani Verón isn't named anywhere but Juan Sebastián is which is weird.

Archived