Simple question for SI..... then everyone else.....

When I search the database on editor for "Wigan" or on FMM two teams come up, the great Wigan Athletic icon_biggrin.gif and Wigan Borough. Now I know for a FACT that Wigan Borough WAS a club that disbanded in the 1930s and no such club exists. So how come this team is around?

Does anyone else know of clubs on the database that don’t exist?

No they didnt, they were two complete different clubs.....

Wigan Borough disbanded in 1930/1931 season, then the ground was then sololy used for dog racing. Wigan Athletic was established in 1932 and took over the ground.

yeh it will be just for historical reasons. I remember looking at a database not for fm 08 but one of the older games and Third Lanark a scottish team which went out of business around 1967 was on the database.

Yeah, there are numerous teams that I see in the history page of the German Bundesliga as past winners who you can't click on because they no longer exist, but I guess they have to be in the editor to appear on that history page.

Originally posted by MarkTCfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">disbanded in 1930/1931 season, then the ground was then sololy used for dog racing. Wigan Athletic was established in 1932 and took over the ground.

Only Wigan Athletic Comes Up For Me When I Search For Wigan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Search on the editor and on FMM

Archived