3D Details

Please don't shout if this isn't true, could just be my imagination but im sure ive heard somewhere around (possibly the podcast or on here) you have to look after your pitch and it degrades aftertime? This could be my imagination. This implies weather could have some effect on proceedings

EDIT - Someones written about it in the shorlist.com thread

Please don't shout if this isn't true, could just be my imagination but im sure ive heard somewhere around (possibly the podcast or on here) you have to look after your pitch and it degrades aftertime? This could be my imagination. This implies weather could have some effect on proceedings

EDIT - Someones written about it in the shorlist.com thread

I noticed this too. It should be interesting to see this in the game. I would have thought that the condition of the pitch wouldn't be something that the manager would concern himself with. I assumed that this would be something that the board would take care of just like they do when it comes to things like stadium expansion. I suppose we'll find out exactly how this works when the demo comes out on the 2nd.

I was just wondering if in the 3D threre will be diffrent conditions, rain snow sun etc

and when you play it night it will be actually dark:cool:

Judging by the screenshots we have seen most of them have placeholder adverts around the pitch (older screenshots) and it is obviously daylight and sunny with shadows being cast etc. But in the more recent screenshots on the Polish FM site there are no shadows and everything just looks a bit darker. Obviously indicating to me that at least night and day will be simulated.

I agree, and hope, that different weather conditions will also be displayed such as snow - although I don't expect to see it falling - just a whiter pitch and possibly using a different colour ball etc.

From what I remember there are some posts by PaulC in the official Match Engine thread where he says there will be visible weather conditions on the pitch but there won't be any snow or rain particles falling down

Im glad because actual rain and snow would look ugly in my opinion,"

I noticed this too. It should be interesting to see this in the game. I would have thought that the condition of the pitch wouldn't be something that the manager would concern himself with. I assumed that this would be something that the board would take care of just like they do when it comes to things like stadium expansion. I suppose we'll find out exactly how this works when the demo comes out on the 2nd.

I would think the manager would have input as to the condition of the pitch as this will have an effect on his players, maybe not the actual when and how it happens but certainly requesting action for it to be considered by the board.

Archived