computer specs

sorry this question is more a computer topic than a fm topic . but i am looking to buy a new laptop for playing the new fm .i am just wondering if you would notice a big difference between a 2.0ghz and say a 2.5 ghz dual core processer when playing fm, its just there is a big difference in the price ha ha .

I would go for the best you can afford if its a laptop, you can only really upgrade RAM in them and if you want it for gaming go for the best you can. In the past I would comment "As FM does not need 3D capability go for all out processing and RAM power!" but thats not so valid anymore. I used to play FM07 on a Dell Inspiron 2600 with no problems at all! It had no 3D capability whatsoever! I dont even think it had more than 800Mhz processor and 128Mb ram!

I don't think there would be a massive difference between the two, although obviously if you can afford the 2.5ghz machine then get that.

I have a 1.83ghz dual core machine with 4GB RAM inside and it runs FM07 like lightning. I think the RAM is slightly more important than the processor speed (providing it's dual core) but I've been wrong before...

what do we think to my chances of playing fm09 on an Advent 4213 Netbook??

Intel Atom CPU N270 1.6GHz

1GB RAM

128MB Intel GMA 950

Direct X 9.0c

It'll run fine, but I would upgrade your RAM to 2Gig if you can afford, it will make a good difference.

Archived