Training question

Say I have a young (20-23 y/o) player with almost maximum technical stats. e.g. a defender with over 18 tackling, marking etc. but low on speed.

If I put him on an intense Aerobic training with defense and other trainings are set to very light or none, will his technical stats go down eventually because of lack of training?

Edit: This is on FM08

Probably, but you have to weigh out whether you want a average but very fit player, or a very accomplished technical player, with poor attributes.

I would choose the first option for defenders or goalkeepers

But the second option for midfielders or attackers, as playmakers are good with free roles on fm.

Thanks nerner.

I usually balance my training schedule, but my question is for some special players like I stated above.

They already have pretty decent tech stats at a very young age, so even if I put them in tech training they will only gain 1 point at most.

If I set the Aerobic training high, and try to give other trainings too, schedule will be too heavy and they will be injured a lot.

I just want to know if their tech stats will drop if I don't give them enough tech training.

Archived