Bring back the good old ...

Report A Ref

There are times my team have been robbed of games//goals but the thing is if you complain and they stay silent what good is it but when you do it you get warned and if you keep going you can get fined but why have this if it doesn't benefit your team ? I think you should have the reporting ref back like cm 01/02

Views would be nice icon14.gif

Well if you follow scottish football Dundee United were robbed against Rangers and Craig Levein was threatining to sue Mike Mccurry as his blunders cost Dundee Utd a spot in europe

its just complaining about decisions seem pointless as nothing can be done about it yet leaves you feeling dissapointed you should have had 3 points rather than 1 or 0. Obviously when a ref makes a wrong decision and you complain he doesnt just get sacked or fined but like warned and warned and punishment gets more severe throughout the season if he makes the same or loads of mistakes in the season.

It was removed because the managers were no longer allowed to make such complaints to their F.A. Instead a system of referee assessors was brought in to evaluate performances.

However, when the change was made, the managers still gave the referees an evaluation, which if I recall correctly was a mark out of five.

Since then things may have changed again.

You do get a benefit. If you select the right media option it can give your players a morale boost ie. pleased that his manager has stook up for his team.

These are pretty rare boosts and almost random like most of FM's media responses but that is the advantage.

Originally posted by Aldokemp(H):

Well if you follow scottish football Dundee United were robbed against Rangers and Craig Levein was threatining to sue Mike Mccurry as his blunders cost Dundee Utd a spot in europe

its just complaining about decisions seem pointless as nothing can be done about it yet leaves you feeling dissapointed you should have had 3 points rather than 1 or 0. Obviously when a ref makes a wrong decision and you complain he doesnt just get sacked or fined but like warned and warned and punishment gets more severe throughout the season if he makes the same or loads of mistakes in the season.

I don't particularly follow Scottish football, but funny you should mention it, since I think Kenny Clark made a good point the other day in saying that the referee is an easy target for managers. I'm inclined to agree.

In any case that feature never did anything anyways.

Snuggle I am a Rangers fan and i can admit that they were balant mistakes by the referee i know its probably the hardest job in football as you only get to see it once but the old firm get away with murder in scottish football the refs are scared to make big decisions against the clubs and its unfair on the smaller clubs as it cost dundee utd euro place.

i try not to make many media comments because it usually has an adverse effect on the team. however we had a goal disallowed for an offside which the replay showed was blatant. i said i thought the ref made the correct the decision and one player was disappointed the manager didnt stand up for his players.

in real life it was noticed that referees that made a few bad decisions in games were being quietly moved down leagues for a few weeks before going back to reffing premiership games. so in real life action is taken, not down to manager complaints but referee assesors like Cavenagh said

It didn't actually cost them a European place in reality(they finished 8 points adrift), but possibly extra money from finishing higher up the table. Had his decisions been different, who knows how the game would have changed, maybe Rangers would have won 4-3. Levein just threw his dummy out the pram and should be punished.

As for within FM, I don't see the point of having a "complain about the ref" addition, what will that actually add to the enjoyment of the game? It certainly won't add realism.

Then what is the point in complaining to the media about decisions going you way and you being punished when you are wrong and when your right nothing bit dissapointed hangs over your shoulder ?

That's the real world of football for you, complaining to the media is pointless.

Archived