Shortlist.com

Dont know if anyone has seen this but Ive read through a couple of threads and seen nothing so here goes...

There are three new elements related to the hallowed turf of your home ground.

Re-laying - You now have the ability to request to re-lay the pitch to ensure a silky smooth playing

surface. Or you could let it go all JJB.

Pitch degredation - This feature tracks the condition of the pitch during the season (possibly leading to the above).

Fixture postponements - Part of the pitch degradation module, this can lead to cancellations for bad weather and waterlogging (and probably those annual stories of fans travelling from Plymouth to Darlington only to have to turn round and head straight back)

At last fixture postponements!!! Been waiting years for this feature to come back... Now I'll definately be buying the game... SI you are spoiling us this year!

I am delighted to see these return. It was an utter joke when I was playing 8 games in 18 days or something, was near impossible, especially at an important stage of the season.

At last fixture postponements!!! Been waiting years for this feature to come back... Now I'll definately be buying the game... SI you are spoiling us this year!

I think this years game from SI is probaly one of the best from a 'Step up a gear' point of view.

Wow...nice, but I thought the features on shoot.com didn't start till Monday?

I thought the same, I only visited the site to check it out... I was pleasantly suprised!

As well as Friday's features there will be more everyday from Mon - Thurs, next Fri will see them host a video of the 3D match engine in all its glory!

Yes it sounds like a real good feature.. and I hope in the next years there will be also postponements due to weather changes DURING the match

I just hope you don't get a new date for your game when all your players are away etc. I see this feature being the new confidence bug this year, this could be a game breaker.

Could be a game breaker is the key statement. For now I'm going to take SI's word that they've tested this game more extensively than FM08, which clearly hadn't been. From the FML testing scheme I'm more confident that new features such as game postponement will be playable out of the box than ever. If I'm wrong then I will have lost a lot of faith in the company.

So don't worry about it and look forward to the new feature! If you worry about it and look for problems then the more likely you are to find them, in my experience.

Just out of interest how do you think the pitch relay will work?

What I mean is how will you know when your pitch needs relaying? Will it be mentioned in commentry or will you see players first touches going stray....or will you gget a message from your chairman

Sounds a good feature. they are definatly stepping up with FM09, it seems the biggest leap in quality since Cm to FM

Just out of interest how do you think the pitch relay will work?

What I mean is how will you know when your pitch needs relaying? Will it be mentioned in commentry or will you see players first touches going stray....or will you gget a message from your chairman

Sounds a good feature. they are definatly stepping up with FM09, it seems the biggest leap in quality since Cm to FM

i think there is a quality bar telling you the quality of the pitch.

I get the impression these features listed on shortlist.com will be fairly decent ones from what ive heard about them. This begs the question why have these not been revealed from previews of the game which leads me to conclude they are new features added at the end.

I get the impression these features listed on shortlist.com will be fairly decent ones from what ive heard about them. This begs the question why have these not been revealed from previews of the game which leads me to conclude they are new features added at the end.

Not necessarily. They're not going to announce every single new feature in the very first preview - they'll want to leave some secret until closer to the release date, stuff they think that we the fans will most like and have probably requested in the past. Also, I don't think they have ever told us every new thing they've put in the game - there will still be stuff that they put in first that we'll have to find out for ourselves.

• SI Staff
Not necessarily. They're not going to announce every single new feature in the very first preview - they'll want to leave some secret until closer to the release date, stuff they think that we the fans will most like and have probably requested in the past. Also, I don't think they have ever told us every new thing they've put in the game - there will still be stuff that they put in first that we'll have to find out for ourselves.

Plus it's unlikely we'll announce every single new thing in the game and leave some things in there for you to find yourselves :)

Hi lads. Have u seen this video before? Got the link from a friend of mine, pretty interesting..

http://80.244.189.116/videos/fm0943.mov

I've had my doubts whether this is fake, or if it's actually the new matchengine in all it's glory.

If this is just a repost, and if u've seen the video before then blip it. Looks good though, doesn't it?

EDiT: Posted in this thread because of the fact that the link - according to my friend - is from Shortlist.com

Hi lads. Have u seen this video before? Got the link from a friend of mine, pretty interesting..

http://80.244.189.116/videos/fm0943.mov

I've had my doubts whether this is fake, or if it's actually the new matchengine in all it's glory.

If this is just a repost, and if u've seen the video before then blip it. Looks good though, doesn't it?

EDiT: Posted in this thread because of the fact that the link - according to my friend - is from Shortlist.com

That was released last month and apparently is only 50% complete

Plus it's unlikely we'll announce every single new thing in the game and leave some things in there for you to find yourselves :)

What? Its unlikely that you'll announce everthing new in the game and unlikely that you'll leave things in there for us to find?...that makes no sense, your contradicting yourself.

It was a mistake in grammar. Ter intended to say "it's unlikely we'll announce every single new thing in the game and leave nothing in there for you to find yourselves :)".

The other possible meaning of his post is pointless so it's likely that he wouldn't have posted at all :).

I have a feeling that the people at Shortlist.com got slightly carried away on Friday and put up the information regarding the new features a little early, hence removing the link over the weekend.

However, Ive just visited the site... http://www.shortlist.com/gaming/article/fm09-exclusive-feature-no-1 ... and theyve put the same page up again, Im guessing that there wont be any 'new' info today now Ive seen this.

Disappointing! :-(

Will the pitch thing be affected by ground sharing? Such as, we share with Sale Egg Chasers in real life, and that fact nearly cost us promotion last season because the pitch was so bad. So, would ground shares irl affect the pitch in FM09?

I have two questions about features announced on shortlist.com:

-WTF is "JJB"

-and about second feature (Pitch degredation): what means "possibly leading to the above", is that meanst that we can degrade pitch or what?

Thanks in advance.

1. The JJB Stadium, Wigan Athletic's ground. Last season Wigan were low on funds and their pitch was terrible. Wigan rugby league side also play their games there which resulted in the pitch being bad.

2. It means that it could become like the JJB.

Will the pitch thing be affected by ground sharing? Such as, we share with Sale Egg Chasers in real life, and that fact nearly cost us promotion last season because the pitch was so bad. So, would ground shares irl affect the pitch in FM09?

Lets be fair, a ***** pitch is no fun, but it is an obstacle that BOTH teams must manage with, so ironically it 'evens the playing field' you could say ;)

I have two questions about features announced on shortlist.com:

-WTF is "JJB"

-and about second feature (Pitch degredation): what means "possibly leading to the above", is that meanst that we can degrade pitch or what?

Thanks in advance.

JJB is Wigan Athletic's home ground, which last season was terrible and the board refused to re-lay it.

Meaning it could therefore become like the JJB when or if it degenerates.

Archived