I laugh in the face of pressure....

I don't think I've ever seen a Champions League group as tight as this.

I'm about to play Lazio (home) on match day 6.

We're all on equal points and ANY two from the group can go through.

My board expect me to "Reach the first knock-out round" so I MUST win this game, no excuses. Lazio beat me 3-1 at their ground on match day 1.

So, no pressure then....

pressurewy8.jpg

Ever seen a group so tight?

good luck!!,

damn!! thats something hard!!

Yeah, I've never reached match day 6 and been able to finish 1st, 2nd 3rd or 4th.

I'm top of the group with 1 game left yet I might come last, and not even make the UEFA Cup!

Strange.

tell us how you get on

I will do craigy mate, not sure if I should play it tonight or tomorrow though.

I've had a couple of beers and don't want to use the excuse "I was tipsy and wasn't thinking straight".... ;)

Play it tonight! Otherwise you will be lying in bed thinking about it all night :p. I have never seen this scenario before! Tell us how you get on :D.

I want to Harry, but......

I will do craigy mate, not sure if I should play it tonight or tomorrow though.

I've had a (more than) couple of beers and don't want to use the excuse "I was tipsy and wasn't thinking straight".... ;)

The suspense is killing me.

They dominated the first 30 minutes, but as soon as we scored they just fell apart....

pressure2er9.jpg

w1217.png

:D

we beat them 4-0 and won the group.

Liverpool beat Porto 3-0 to claim second spot. Being a Liverpool supporter, I'm glad they went through too. :thup:

You've done something amazing - you've posted about your standard save game and have a bunch of people who are excited and want to know what happens next! Usually people write about their game hoping someone will be interested, and you get a 'tell us about your game' thread with 100 posts but no replies to any of them, cos most of us want to tell everyone, but don't care for others. ;)

Anyway...

You've done something amazing - you've posted about your standard save game and have a bunch of people who are excited and want to know what happens next! Usually people write about their game hoping someone will be interested, and you get a 'tell us about your game' thread with 100 posts but no replies to any of them, cos most of us want to tell everyone, but don't care for others. ;)

Anyway...

I guess it's just because the group was so tight going into the last game.

Things like that grab peoples attention. :thup:

I find it odd that this one has inspired so much interest.

Apparently, a thread like this would normally just drift off into oblivion, yet here it is with some "regular fans" (for want of a better phrase).

I say "odd" because I'm not reporting on a bug, an annoyance, or even a really weird event like that thread where the GK and CF kept swapping positions.

I'm not even asking a question, nor seeking help of any kind.

If people are genuinely interested I WILL keep you informed, although I fear it (this thread) may be closed by mods as (to be perfectly honest) it serves no real purpose for the GQ.

Almost makes me sad that I never wrote it from the start (of the save) for the FM Stories forum.

I'm certain that that group position in the opening post would've been a great cliff-hanger for the end of a chapter....

Aja.

Archived