friendly options

what do you tell 'em??  

80 members have voted

1. 1. what do you tell 'em??

• never change options
    • 45 mins
    • withdraw
    • mixed

ok i know the title sounds a bit odd, but...

has anyone ever withdrawn players from friendlies?! and with what consequences?? must admit, the furthest i go is to give them 45 mins instructions....

I'm mixed. For fringe players and youngstars I will always allow them to play as long as their international manager sees fit. For more important players I always select the 45mins option and sometimes if I have a tough fixture list coming up or a really thin squad because of injureis etc I will even withdraw them but I try to avoid that as the players sometimes get upset if you do.

I have withdrawn my top striker from a friendly before and he wasn't a happy bunny. It affected his morale and his form dipped. Since that point I have always changed it to 45 mins as a compromise.

Although, i would like the opportunity to complain about them playing too long etc., just like club managers do when i am a national manager ..... of course, i just tell the to shut the hell up!

Sorry but i think you need better options in your poll, such as;

1) Normally 45 mins for first team players, the rest 90 mins

2) Mixed, depends on schedule of games, morale and fitness, but I will withdraw players if necessary

3) Let them play as much as they want, I never interfere

4) I withdraw my players quite a lot, I want them in tip-top condition

Archived