woooo my first international job :)

i am the new manager of poland, and its the qualifiers for the world cup and its the first time that i've accepted a international offer because i thought that it would be rubbish :D

so im quite looking forward to this:)

anyone got any advice ?:thup:

I'm currently manager of Scotland after an extensive career spanning Yeovil, Preston, Livingston and Benfica to name a few.

I use the "note" system extensively and watch matches the players are taking part in, write down note's (on paper) on their performances, habits etc and then transfer those notes onto the in game note system.

When it comes to squad selection I then analyze all of the note's and choose the best players (but remember to check their form!)

Try to hire some good coaches, and fill in all the areas you need to fill (GK coaches, U21/19 managers) and I always try to get a good blend of experience and youth e.g. about 5 youngsters and 6 over 26s in the starting XI, with (9 subs) 3 youngsters, 6 over 26s, and with the other one which I can't remember (I'm normally Oceania countries) try something similar.

I took the Brazil job in my Man City game. Me being the stupid muppet that I am, I never checked out there future fixtures so was wondering why I hadnt played a World Cup Qualifier, turns out that Brazil host the 2014 World Cup so have to go through about 4 years of friendly matches.

I don't think I'd ever take an international job. Not enough games or involvement for me, I prefer the day to day of club football.

you can do both at the same time I manage Wales and England in the past and have done quite well getting good results vs Germany to get wales to the knock out round of the world cup

it is true don't worry about droping big names

Hire good coaches and make sure you have watched atleast 5 games on each of the best players in Poland of the time

Don't just pick a player because they have good stats, make sure you take form and morale into account

Make sure you have players with alot of determination because in knock out games, if you go behind, you need determined players to get the game back!

Archived