I need help with my memory!!!

I have been playing Football Manager/Championship Manager for as long as I can remember and the managment type of game is my all time favourite sort. However, I was thinking earlier of the name of the very first managment game I ever played and I cannot remember the name of it, so I was wondering if anybody could help.

From what I can remember, you could only start in the bottom division and I often started as Gateshead because they had the most money and best players or Telford United. A certain player who's surname was Greenwood, seems to pop into my head alot although for being a really good player. The match screen had a scoreboard on it and it used text commentry. I can't remember the year or anything else about it and was wondering if anyone could shed some light.

One more thing I remember getting really upset and moaning to my dad when Sheff Wed knocked me out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round after I was winning 1-0 (now I just moan to my mates/wife/cat/anybody who cares to listen). Oh and I'm pretty sure it was in the day when the top flight of English football was known as Division 1.

I used to play it on my dad's Atari 400. I wonder how many hours I have wasted (although that is probably the wrong word) on Football Management sims over the years? I'm only 26 now and I have realised that I have spent over half of my life playing Football Management sims.

I do remember Premier Manager 2 from 1993 (from the screen shot provided by The Hornet), although the game I'm on about was definatley before that, quite possibly Premier Manager from 1992.

Premier Manager 3, I now recall you could build your stadium up and set ticket prices and whether or not you had standing or seating or deluxe seating.

sounds like original Premier Manager, i had it on Acorn in early 90's spent hours on it, great game, was very easy to win with Wycombe in Conf + Div 3.

No it was definitely called football manager. Here's an article about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_series_(original)

Archived