Savegame File Size

As already said here it is possible. Personally I like those Stats a lot. It is one of the reason I play the game even after all the real players are gone.

If it was up to me I would add new feature which would allow user to keep any personal/player to remain in game forever as an unattached person even after they retire so we can go back and view their career and stats anytime we want. Of course not for all the people but for instance you can decide who you want to remain in game from interaction interface and as default everyone will disappear when they are done. I really hate when my all time goalscorer suddenly disappers from game and all the information from the glory days are gone with him. I really would love to see him and also other major players stats and career in the game even if they are not in game anymore, for some reason it cheers me up. I actually go to check my aged regulars if I let them go other clubs to get playing time in their last years. For some reason I still feel happy to see them play there on a lower level and crown their career with more appereances. I think it is sick to have feelings towards bits and bytes in the game data but still I enjoy it.

You liked this idea? further more, maybe they could every now and then make some comments about the team and so on :)

I used a third party savegame cleaner in FM07. It did a great job in reducing savegame size by deleting player injury histories and other insignificant information. Usually reduced loading time by 25%. Don't know if there's one for FM08.

Thanx all for replies. YEa Im already using compressed save game, but it takes ages to load/save a game after many seasons when the file gets to around 300MB (and I have a Due Core and 2GB of ram, not a that bad machine).

The program SiN8 mentioned is exactly what i would like... a cleaner to remove historical data. Ill make a copy of the save game data and try to see if it still works, even tho it will probably not. If anyone happens to know about a '08 cleaner plz lemme know

take good care all

Archived