double starting XI

(sorry if this post comes up twice i was half way through the first one when i pressed a button and lost it)

this is basically the issue of being so good and having so much money and buying loads of good players that you have two starting XI's in one team. this topic has been covered a lot with various points being made against it such as: you always have to rotate(is rotation a good tactic?) the wage structure will be too high for most teams, playing bonding is hampered, one sub team does a lot better than the other one giving inconstancy. however you have loads of good players, enough to not worry about if one star gets injured because you have many replacements in your subs and in the other sub team.

so i decided to do an experiment. i downloaded FFM (playing on 08 here) and chose Werder Bremen as my team, gave them 200million to spend to buy two sets of XI.

my teams go like this:

Team 1------------------------------------------------------Team 2

GK G.Buffon---------------------------------------------------GK I.Akinfeev

DR Daniel Alves------------------------------------------------DR Rafinha

DL P. Lahm----------------------------------------------------DL Marcelo

DC's M.Richards and Breno--------------------------------------DC's W.Brown and C.Zapata

MR Bentley-----------------------------------------------------MR S.Govou

ML Ben Arfa----------------------------------------------------ML B.Schweinsteiger

MC's Fabregas and Diego ---------------------------------------MC's R.Garcia and Van Der Vaart

ST's Adriano and K.Huntelaar -----------------------------------ST's Guilherme and L. Podolski

Subs

M.Veloso

De.Guzman

K.Keita

A.Arshavin

A.Hunt

L.Cigarini

i bought all these players within the first year.

results as follows

year 1

5 in league

quaters in championship

semi's in domestic cup

(understandable the players haven't gelled) (wage budget over 1 million per week)

Year 2

1 in league

final in championship

quarters in domestic[

(wage budget 870,000p/w)

B]Year 3[/b]

4 in league

semi's in championship

semi's in domestic

(at this point i had to calm a few nerves with the subs being annoyed at how little they played so team moral wasn't great)

(wage budget 750,000p/w)(was helping income with expanding of stadium and getting loads of feeder clubs)

year 4

1 in league

won championship

won domestic

(prize money helped unstable finances more feeder clubs, wage budget 735,000p/w)

from then on i have won everything else

just a few things on note had i been a bigger team i would have been sacked within the first two years. i had to buy in loads of new coaches from all the different countries of the players. wages were always a huge headache and would agonise over getting a goal bonus down from 10K to 9.5K, you really have to cut corners. i cut my income to 17,000p/w and sold of all my youth and reserve team players.

All in all this method works for the long time player however you really need to be dedicated not to save and turn off when things go wrong. all the issues that have been made appeared.

tips for this to work.

pick the right team, no to low for players not being interested in coming to your team but not to high for the bored to expect too much in the early years

the first few years are hard be ready for a fight

always get feeder teams at every opportunity

pick the right players, good enough to win you cups and but high class enough to be wanting 70Kp/w

you have to have a good rotation tactic(even two tactics for the different teams) however due to internationals and injuries the two teams always get mixed up so i would say one tactic.

thanks for reading

will now try with no lump sum at the beginning and try to buy all the players i mentioned above (i expect it to take AGES)

cheers

Archived