Zenit, black players

I heard somewhere that the Zenit St. Petersbourg would never sign a black player because their fans are too racist and the player would just want to leave. So i was wondering if this would be in 09, dont think it will but you never know :D

Incorrect.

Their current manager, Dick Advocaat, said he would have reservations over signing a black player because of fears over fan reaction. It has never been said that the club would NEVER sign a black player.

eastern europe is stuck in the 1950s, so iwouldnt be surprised if this were true

interesting, is everyone as dumb as you are in your country ?

Looks like Western Europe is also stuck in the 50's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_football

If that's not enough just google "racism in football", you will find tons of articles of fans taunting players in England, Italy, Spain, etc...

not QUITE the same thing tbf.

Yes it is, I see no difference between them, they are both excluding players based on non footballing matters.

Of course the PC brigade will say its worse to exclude based on colour skin rather than where they were born but I see no difference at all. Both are racist.

AFAIK I doesn´t just happen in Russia and the like. Lazio´s more hardcore fans are infamous for not wanting the club to sign black players. And they have succeeded several times. Lazio simply had to cancel transfers or stop negotiations with black players, because some (very powerful) fan groups protested against signing them.

So it doesn´t just happen in Eastern Europe.

When will the demo be out :D

Where's the proof it's due to racist fans ?

There are hundreds of clubs where there are no black players. Should all clubs sign one just to prove they are not racist ?

Because in his book that player called Edward Anyamkyegh, wrote that he had monkey noises made at him when he was walking down the street, and that he wanted to leave as the fans were generally horrible to him.

interesting, is everyone as dumb as you are in your country ?

Looks like Western Europe is also stuck in the 50's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_football

If that's not enough just google "racism in football", you will find tons of articles of fans taunting players in England, Italy, Spain, etc...

Although i live in "western europe", "England" i must say we are some of the worst for racism, so erm....all i can say is, Kritik sorta merked you "crap manager"

I thought it was quite well known that Russian football fans were racist.

All you need to do is look at some of the matches in their last World Cup run('98, I think), and you'll see. I'm pretty sure the fans were racist towards African nations.

Around the time of the UEFA Cup Final, Manchester, there was a lot of talk about Zenit fans being racist. I was never sure if it was true, and if it was, they certainly didn't show it on TV.

"well Venezuela are a South American country, and I have personally never seen a white Venezuelan"

Have you been to Venezuela before? I mean, actually walked down a busy main street in the country, and seen nothing but dark skinned people?

As for White South Americans, there is a large population of White South Americans, like somebody said.

Just like, believe it or not, you get white people in Africa.

I think FIFA aren't doing enough to clamp down on these racist countries. Croatia got fined £30,000 for racist chanting agaist England and that is pittance. I would much rather prefer them grouping together all the racist fans and dishing out 100 lashings each.

I think FIFA aren't doing enough to clamp down on these racist countries. Croatia got fined £30,000 for racist chanting agaist England and that is pittance. I would much rather prefer them grouping together all the racist fans and dishing out 100 lashings each.

€20,000 actually.

Have you ever been to Croatia. I suppose you haven't, yet you have the guts and decency to insult me. Maybe you should look a bit in your country before accusing other countries as racist.

I actually worked in Split for 3 years, so yes there is racism in Croatian football, I witnessed it. But it is only slightly worse than in Spain, Italy etc.

I don't deny that racism or fascism exists in Croatia, however to label country as racist is insulting all the majority that despises that kind of behaviour, including me.

eastern europe is stuck in the 1950s, so iwouldnt be surprised if this were true

Ye, but dont forget that one of the most racist countries in Europe are Spain. When England and Bolton went there a few years back they were both racially picked on and Atletico Madrid got banned from their stadium for two European matches after racist chanting against Marseille.

Eastern Euopeans and Russians have huge problems with racism, I know some Russians and they tell me racism is the norm in and around Russia. Some Italians are also Facists who've gotten it into their head that Blacks are bad, and generally speaking Italians HATE gypsies. Racism is for the most part integral to nationhood, so those with a strong sense of their nations supremacy and no sense of humour about their nation are what I'd call racist.

No club on FM should be tagged so as to not buy black players though regardless of how realistic it is.

Well, Russian or russians do not surprise me anymore. Russia have a huge problem with racisme and they do nothing against it. Just google racisme in Russia.

Well, which country in Europe doesn't have this problem?

and which country in Africa is it again that treats whites equally?

it's a worldwide problem and the more ignorant people seem to keep bringing it up and pointing the blame on anyone but their own country. people like you just bigots no better then the racists.

Didn't suge say 'all the racist fans'. He didn't say 'all the croatian fans' did he?

He labeled "these" countries as racist, even if he didn't mean on croatia (which I highly doubt, becuse he mentions it immediately afterwards), it's obvious that he thinks there are racist countries.

I have yet to know of a country that has no problem with racism, because idiots exist everywhere and are not exclusive to russia, USA, spain, england or croatia.

He labeled "these" countries as racist, even if he didn't mean on croatia (which I highly doubt, becuse he mentions it immediately afterwards), it's obvious that he thinks there are racist countries.

I have yet to know of a country that has no problem with racism, because idiots exist everywhere and are not exclusive to russia, USA, spain, england or croatia.

Fair enough. I can't disagree with that

Archived