British or Foreign Players?

Who do you prefer to sign?

Personally I try to keep my Goal Keeper and back Four all British so they can form a good understanding and soild defence for their national teams, with the odd forgiener for back-up.

In the centre of the park is all about creativity so the Dutch and Argies are high priority, of course given some back bone and aggresision with the British contingient.

Britian doesn't generally do world class strikers on the cheap so at the other end of the field im more inclined to go for Spanish and Italian centre fowards with pace accruacy and flair.

Whats your Preference?

Depends.

If it was for a back-up player, then i'd go foreign because i'll get them a lot cheaper, and are usually better. However if i'm looking for a key player I will consider the English options more, and if I can get an English option without having to pay to much more then I will go for the English option.

I don't really care about nationalities, if they're good and at a reasonable price then they are signed.

I'm exactly the same, I dont care about nationalities, I care more about their ethnicity.

I prefer having caucasian players, but I like to do my part in creating equality so usually have 1 black or oriental player in my reserve team.

(^ said in jest, not to be taken seriously)

I'm exactly the same, I dont care about nationalities, I care more about their ethnicity.

I prefer having caucasian players, but I like to do my part in creating equality so usually have 1 black or oriental player in my reserve team.

(^ said in jest, not to be taken seriously)

It wasn't even remotely funny, though.

Depends what team I'm playing with, teams that notably rely on foreign talent, I will keep with that then. Teams that are all about domestic players then I will heavily rely on domestic players regardless of the nationality of the club I am at.

It wasn't even remotely funny, though.

Thats why I said 'in jest', as in something said that is intended to be a mockery of a situation.

As in, dont be offended because i'm not writing it with an actual belief in the displayed convictions I posted.

A 'joke' is a completely different thing.

I'm managing in Germany and Italy so I certainly don't have a bias for British players. At Fiorentina I try to sign Italian players where possible, but it's not always easy so I have some foreigners too. At Bremen I like to try to keep a few Germans in my first team and sign up good young German players for the future, but for the present I sign whatever nationality of player I find fits the bill.

Thats why I said 'in jest', as in something said that is intended to be a mockery of a situation.

As in, dont be offended because i'm not writing it with an actual belief in the displayed convictions I posted.

A 'joke' is a completely different thing.

I didn't take any offence. But... what was the point in the post if you weren't seeking to be serious or provide any form of amusement?

I tend to end up avoiding non eu-nationals as it quickly becomes an irritation in terms of getting them work permits. Other than that, so long as the player is good enough he can come from wherever he likes for all I care.

I didn't take any offence. But... what was the point in the post if you weren't seeking to be serious or provide any form of amusement?

lol, get over it mate.

It was just one post.

I'm sure you can find something better to do with your time....or actually, maybe you cant.

lol, get over it mate.

It was just one post.

I'm sure you can find something better to do with your time....or actually, maybe you cant.

This guy just seems to get up people's noses all the time. He never stops. Just stop posting stupid and silly posts.

This guy just seems to get up people's noses all the time. He never stops. Just stop posting stupid and silly posts.

Sorry.

I'm leaving now. I didnt mean to be like that, I just wanted to fit in and make friends. You wont hear from me again.

Sorry.

I'm leaving now. I didnt mean to be like that, I just wanted to fit in and make friends. You wont hear from me again.

You won't make friends that way. I've read some of your posts and some have amused me and then some of your other posts just seem to annoy people.

Sorry.

Make friends? Jesus, get a life.

On-Topic: I prefer players from the country in which I manage, but if they're too expensive for their quality, I'll gladly buy a foreigner.

You won't make friends that way. I've read some of your posts and some have amused me and then some of your other posts just seem to annoy people.

Don't try and reason with him Tommy boy

I prefer British players in defence and 1 forward but in the middle of the park I have Brazilians, Spanish or Portuguese to play the football!

lol, get over it mate.

It was just one post.

All I did was ask the point of it. Then again, I'd probably react that way if I didn't have a good reason.

Ok. I'm going back to being a silent member of the forum like I used to be, just reading threads and responding to them in my head.

Make friends? Jesus, get a life.

Thats my fault, its hard for people to understand sarcasm when its not said in discourse. But for reference, that was not meant seriously.

Don't try and reason with him Tommy boy

Why cant you reason with me? Thats a bit strange you said that seeing as the guy already has reasoned with me quite succesfully.

Anyway, enough now. Goodbye.

Ok. I'm going back to being a silent member of the forum like I used to be, just reading threads and responding to them in my head.

Thats my fault, its hard for people to understand sarcasm when its not said in discourse. But for reference, that was not meant seriously.

Why cant you reason with me? Thats a bit strange you said that seeing as the guy already has reasoned with me quite succesfully.

Anyway, enough now. Goodbye.

Im sorry for my last comment, almost period like

Look mate you commented on a very sensitive topic in a thread that wasn't based about religion or the colour of someones skin, some of your posts have amused me so..

Stay strong brother; peace out!

Getting back on topic, in my current game(Shakhtar) I sign every good Ukrainian player because I have to play 4 in every league match, but in other games I have no preferences if the league doesn't have many restrictions.

I once went an entire season in England without playing a single British player. So I guess I tend to sign foreign. I did have a Scotsman as sub keeper though, if that's any good?

Nope that is no good at all, no wonder our national team never wins anything when even on games players don't have the respect to field one English player ;) Joking by the way, well I'm not but...

My preference is players of the nationality of the club I am managing, although I'm not sure it actually makes much difference in the game.

For some reason I follow the same line. I usually get 2 African for speed and 2 Brazilian for flair and try to keep the rest with locals. I honestly dont know how much good or bad it does but for some reason I want to believe not having a massive multi-language/multi-culture team makes it easier to communicate for the players

Nope that is no good at all, no wonder our national team never wins anything when even on games players don't have the respect to field one English player ;) Joking by the way, well I'm not but...

Doesn't bother me, I'm from Northern Ireland. My national team isn't winning anything no matter how many of our players I use.

EDIT:

You are officially the Arsene Wenger of Football Manager!

I should have replied to that as well, but I didn't see your post ;)

No don't become a silent member. I wouldn't want that. I just want you to be a little more sensible and think before you write.

I don't really care about nationalities, if they're good and at a reasonable price then they are signed.

This is exactly the same as me. I can understand where the OP is coming from but I believe that a quality player can step into any team any play well, no matter who is around him.

This is exactly the same as me. I can understand where the OP is coming from but I believe that a quality player can step into any team any play well, no matter who is around him.

I agree. I don't mind where he is from. Well, in some cases i try to avoid buying alot of African players due to the prolonged abscence from the club football. I may buy a few though and i like to buy ALOT of youngsters for the future and build my own young team to blossom.

Although i do have a question. Does nationality matter? Like, if they are all British would they communicate better? As this is something i have not really thought of until now.

Archived