Best ever achievement

For my first thread & post, i'd like to ask you all; Whats your best ever achievement on Football Manager?

For me its a joint honor between:

FM 2005 - Getting Hull City from League 1 to the Premier League and keeping them there!

FM 2006 - Winning the world cup with England in 2010 and getting that game to 2018 before FM 07 came out!

FM 2007 - Winning back to back Champions League titles with FC Porto.

I'd also like to mention that I achived all this without using the Data Editor to cheat!!

For my first thread & post, i'd like to ask you all; Whats your best ever achievement on Football Manager?

For me its a joint honor between:

FM 2005 - Getting Hull City from League 1 to the Premier League and keeping them there!

FM 2006 - Winning the world cup with England in 2010 and getting that game to 2018 before FM 07 came out!

FM 2007 - Winning the Champions Leagues back to back with FC Porto.

I'd also like to mention that I achived all this with using the Data Editor to cheat!!

good for you cheater :D

fm06: winning the champs league in 2020 as crewe

fm07: promotion to the prem and 4th place finish in 2017 as crewe & won world cup as england in 2018

fm08: not got far on any of my games as i have too many but getting gretna to finish 6th in the 1st season

good for you cheater :D

LOL - Actually that was a typo! I pride myself on NOT using the data editor to cheat:D

My brother-in-law is terrible for using the data editor to give himself loads of money to spend!

He would always think he had achieved something by winning the premier league three years on the trott with a super-rich Wigan! Then i'd tell him about my NON-CHEATING achievements and he'd just shut up LOLOL

Winning the Champions League with Grindavik (Iceland) in FM06 was my biggest achievement. Reaching the World Cup with the Faroe Islands and there beating Argentina was good, but it was in CM03/04 so doesn't count quite the same. That same team made the semi-finals of the following European Championships too.

I think it was on FM07.

I won the Club World Championship with the Newcastle Jets. I won the ACL and was happy with that and didn't really care about the CWC as I assumed I get smashed.

I played DC United in the 1st game and won 2-0. Then played Sao Paulo, so I just went defensive for the game and I got awarded a penalty after 5 mins and their player was sent off, went on to win 1-0.

I had Man U in the final and was felling great about just making it that far. A similar thing happened and we got a penalty after about 10 mins and they had a player sent off, at that point I couldn't believe how lucky I was. It was 1-0 until about the 85 min when Rooney smashed in a long shot, 1-1 FT, then no gaols in extra time and we won on penalties. I jumped out of my chair pumping fist carrying on like a lunatic, I don't often get that excited about FM but I couldn't help it.

Mine was a recent one of FM08 where I won the World Cup with England, beating Brazil 3-2 with 10 men and some of my star players injured. They were 2-0 up at half time and I managed to turn it round into England's finest hour.

That's a likely story. ;)

well i have done alot of things in every game but here are my best moments

2005-Taking Blyth Spartands to the prem in a 11 year reign

2006-Winning the world Cup in Nigeria Australlia & Winning the prem and champions leauge with northampton

2007-Getting accrigton Stanley into prem and winng every title with them

2008- Staying on one save all the way through ha :)

I'm not the best FM player in the world but I take enormous pride in one result, leading the Cook Islands to a 1-0 win in Australia (CM 4 or 03/04.) I can still see Niki Te Miha intercepting that square pass across the box and blasting it into the roof of the net while I roared at him to dribble closer. Would have made it to the World Cup play-off too but for a lousy 1-1 draw with New Zealand in which we conceded early and then battered them mercilessly for the rest of the game. Bah. That was a great campaign.

Unfortunately the magic couldn't last and the next campaign ended in failure at the first hurdle due in large part to freakish weather conditions in whatever South Pacific country it was staged in. At one point I had to line my team up virtually in column formation along the left touchline because every ball down the opposite flank was being blown out of play by hurricane-force winds. Never seen it before or since. Resigned in frustration afterwards.

fm08 > HKFC (previously unplayable int he game, started a season in hong kong n holdayed a year) they got promoted to hong kong 1st division... i took over.. i have now won 12 consecutive league titles...not bad for a side that starts semi-pro, and got attendances of around 200 *proof upon request*

10 straight titles with Barca. when i took over they had finished bottom half 3 seasons running. Winning 2 World cups and Euro's with England. Not exactly great achievements but first time i'd managed it. mind you, england have won the same amount of euro's as teams like andorra, san marino, scotland. (last one's a joke.) and no offence to any peoples from san marino or andorra who are reading this.

I won the Treble with Manchester United, and have also won the Champions League and Premierships for 7 seasons in a row. I have never done the Quad, although I came close, when I lost to Arsenal in the semi-final's of the League cup.

FM 06: Getting Yeovil to the Champions League

FM 07: Winning the Treble with Carshalton Athletic, the Champions League final was won with 2 goals in injury time from a 35 year old who had been with me from League 2. Also, getting Verl to the Bundesliga on my current save was pretty good.

FM 08: Finishing 2nd in the Premiership with Shrewsbury Town and getting to the CL Semi Finals (I lost 2-1 to Juve on aggregate) using only British/Irish players

Archived