How will you be saying goodbye to FM08?

I have heard the same story over and over again: "Fm08 is the worst FM yet, SI have run out of ideas etc.". However what FM08 is, is not a bad game, but a game that was too similar to the 07 version. Personally, i see FM08 as a fantastic game, a game where you can experience highs and lows like no other game. I hope the release of 09 will show people how SI have infact not run out of ideas, just that the ideas they had were not ready in time for 08 (most notably the 3d match engine). What i would like to know, from those who love and hate the game, is how you will be finishing 08. Will you start a new challenge, will you finally decide to take over a non-league club and lead them to glory. Because lets be honest, it is a great game which can't just be forgotten about until Nov 14th.

I was joking, it wasnt too bad but just kind of had the fun drained out of it. After I had one long term game which dried up after a while, with the long term problems and all, then I just couldnt get into another game, was just months of starting a new game, getting half way through a season and stopping playing, going onto something else. It just didn't grab me like the other have before.

i guess it will end up with the rest of the games iv had.. gathering dust some place..

I hope 09 will be a class game and not hyped up to be no better then previous games..

one question i would ask if any one reads this. people always say oh i liked cm4 or fm07 etc, Just when SI deliver and get thing's right, a new diea comes along and the game get changed, along with new ideas come a thew minor bugs etc.. I hope the new 3D gives us all somthing to reminice for months to come.

I was joking, it wasnt too bad but just kind of had the fun drained out of it. After I had one long term game which dried up after a while, with the long term problems and all, then I just couldnt get into another game, was just months of starting a new game, getting half way through a season and stopping playing, going onto something else. It just didn't grab me like the other have before.

How old are you mate? do you think getting older has ay thing to do with it.. I'm 35 now and going back when i was in my 20's i could stop and start different games no problem, these days i'm like your self, i have 1 long term game and when it comes to an end, i find it very hard to get into another game..

This is a very fair point. I have to agree that getting into a game was fairly difficult, but the point im trying to make was that when you did get into it it was the usual ridiculously addictive game that we love. There were no major errors, especially when the patches were released, and yet people still say they dislike it.

This is a very fair point. I have to agree that getting into a game was fairly difficult, but the point im trying to make was that when you did get into it it was the usual ridiculously addictive game that we love. There were no major errors, especially when the patches were released, and yet people still say they dislike it.

I think these days, it's not that people dont like it. its the world we live in. there is so much choice. i guess a thew people buy other football games and play them, you may like small thing's about other games but ulimately FM is still the Rolls Royce of the Football games, allthough we all like FM, somtimes you may think well if game x done that why dont Fm have this or that etc.. personaly i down loaded Fifa manager last year and after having it on for 5 mins it got deleted nice. graphics and screens but that was it.. as long as Si stay comitted Fm will always be the best on the shelf..

I'm agreeing with others above who've said this game just didn't grab them. Its excellent...but. I am getting older from my FM peak too, been at uni for a good while etc, but I thought I'd be into it more than I have been. Really hope FM09 brings back my desire to search through random leagues trying to find players, tweaking tactics etc. Hope hope hope so.

There's a definate learning curve with CM/FM and you're bound to go through a period where you're not all that interested. CM03/04 was my last installment as a bachelor and I played it religiously, then I got married, had children, got a mortgage, good job etc etc and hadn't played all that much of FM until FM08. That's why I think FM08 is great, it was my first real go at FM and it rejuvenated my love of the game.

There's a definate learning curve with CM/FM and you're bound to go through a period where you're not all that interested. CM03/04 was my last installment as a bachelor and I played it religiously, then I got married, had children, got a mortgage, good job etc etc and hadn't played all that much of FM until FM08. That's why I think FM08 is great, it was my first real go at FM and it rejuvenated my love of the game.

i Cant seem to do both, when i get hooked on FM i have no sex drive for starters. obviously the girls dont understand and i have to kiss good bye to another one..

Im currentyl seeing a girl who loves to cook and look after me, but i know when fm09 comes out, i will want to be at it every nite after work. im already preparing my defesive speech. ;)

I will finish up my 2015 Inter save. I'll take it to the end of the season and then push the retire button and probably cry! ;-)

Then I will donate my FM08 disc to a friend who's so old school he hasn't tried anything newer then CM4. He still very much enjoys it but with the fake names!

I'm playing football manager 08 and live at the same time at the moment and will probably keep playing fm08 till 09 is released.

I'm probably a little more addicted than normal because i didn't buy fm 07 last yea I only got the psp version which now looking back was a big mistake.

May be something to do with getting a bit older, would just get back from work and if it was a weeknight would play a few games, but as soon as that long game did dry up I just didnt bother.

I think games have to have a lot more in them, we demand a lot more, sometimes they get a little weighed down, especially if certain aspects of the game (team talks for example) have such a massive influence yet you can't really be bother with them/they are a little repetitive after say 3 times then you just kind of skip past them, which leads to fully enjoying the game.

The older we all get in life comes more responsibilities, more responsibilities comes less time to play games..

Lol Mike. your doing fine. iv lived alone sinc ei was 21 and am now 35. iv had a host of different GF's who have came and gone, unlike some people i enjoy time on my own to play FM with out having any distraction's.. i will only worry, the day i go bald, get fat, go grey, and cant pull i will start to worry may be..

my good mate who i play online with. he has a complete difference life. he goes offshore for 3 weeks, when he comes home, most nites we play FM. he has a wife and 2 kids and is same age, unlike me he can balance the two..

when your sitting in jail. then you can say you have failed ;)

I wouldn't mind, but Nomis is only 25! I'm nearly 24 and have nowhere near that much responsibility! Am I failing at life?!

There's plus points to being young and having those responsibilities, but then again there are negative points as well, the grass is always greener on the other side ;)

my farewell will be bringing the Champions League Cup home where it belongs - Solihull Moors clubhouse:D

it might take a month before im finished since im only in League two atm. But that is perfect timing - binning the game on payday, get the game and start playing my new Solihull game :)

Archived