In-Game Warnings ... Fun / Serious ?

Hi

I was thinking, yes it does hurt, that with the announcement of in game advertising and the hoardings around the pitch etc that maybe some fun but serious messages could be included to come up at certain / appropriate times. Things like :-

Don't forget to say hello to your wife / girlfriend / partner / family / pets

Remember to go to have some breakfast / lunch / dinner

Did you wash today

Just some fun things like that but maybe they have a serious side too because alot of people get so involved in FM that these things can be forgotten. I know you get the messages on the status page but I know I for one ever only see this when I first start the game each session but to have reminders pop up whilst actually playing might be useful.

I know this is maybe just a silly / crazy / unimportant idea but hey ... some of the most crazy ideas in the world have proved to be the most brilliant... after all.. who would have thought 22 grown men kicking a lump of leather around for 90 minutes would take off :D

Hi

I was thinking, yes it does hurt, that with the announcement of in game advertising and the hoardings around the pitch etc that maybe some fun but serious messages could be included to come up at certain / appropriate times. Things like :-

Did you wash today

Just some fun things like that but maybe they have a serious side too because alot of people get so involved in FM that these things can be forgotten. I know you get the messages on the status page but I know I for one ever only see this when I first start the game each session but to have reminders pop up whilst actually playing might be useful.

I know this is maybe just a silly / crazy / unimportant idea but hey ... some of the most crazy ideas in the world have proved to be the most brilliant... after all.. who would have thought 22 grown men kicking a lump of leather around for 90 minutes would take off :D

Hmmmmm maybe..

not really sure. a lot of people want realism which this isn't. But hey i am up for it;)

who would have thought 22 grown men kicking a lump of leather around for 90 minutes would take off :D

Me, that's why I invented football!

Anyways, it's a nice idea, but if someone is silly enough to play a game 24/7 I don't think message on the billboards will make much of a difference :D

Anyways, it's a nice idea, but if someone is silly enough to play a game 24/7 I don't think message on the billboards will make much of a difference :D

a warning siren sound should come and arnold shcwarzenegger(sp?) as the terminator saying hasta la vista(sp? again) if you don't go out to wash your teeth after 24h of fm :D

Hi

Did you wash today

No thanks. Totally daft and pointless imo. :thdn:

Did you wash today

If you forget to do these, then you shouldn't really be allowed to buy FM09

Would be a witty comment but maybe not the right place for it.

Maybe a news item from your assistant after 10 hours of constant gaming saying the players are concerned about you... or something like that.

Now that's not a bad idea and I think its worthy of serious consideration. After all we pay our Asst Mans a good salary! And, it would make a fresh change for him to offfer personal advice/comments.

Hi

Did you wash today

I can see it now - after the last patch for 09 is released we will see hoardings announcing "FM2010 - out soon!" LOL

I certainly think that important messages such as "Say no to racism" etc popping up would be no bad thing though.

:thup:

Anyways, it will be a matter of days before some skinning boffin comes up with a graphics pack, full of witty slogans.

if the game had sponsors, ie end of a term, club X gets a new kit sponsor on a 3 yeard deal, the sponsors are Joe Bloggs sports weare or somthing, then the advertising boards could have that included..

Id also like to see gilletterazor blades advertised so i dont forget to shave when im playing Fm for a 4 days stint with no rest ;)

The only reason this has been included is to subliminal message us into accepting 3D, no matter how pants it is :D

Totally unrelated - I live in America and I just have to say that I love when I see one of you UK lads say that something is "pants". Great expression!

I better see some changes/improvents there over time depending on the state of my pitch and the amouth of deals I have with sponsors. Adding there humour will make us smile once but assuming you play the game for many hours it will eventually start to look silly and wont serve any purpose.

Archived