OK, free kicks can be taken by different players from the right or the left. But what about range or width? In my Utd game, I have Bri=uins and Ronaldo to take my free kicks. If I had the choice, I would make Bruins take free kicks from wide or deep positions to cross into the box, and Ronaldo short, central free kicks to use his "hits free kicks with power" PPM. Surely its realistic to have a free kick taker for wide and central?

Also, I would like to see players overruling your instructions on penalties and free kicks if they are, say, on a hattrick. How many times do you see a regular penalty taker displaced by someone on a hattrick IRL? It would be a good addition to the game I think.

Opinions?

I would like to differentiate between free kicks where you cross into the box, and shooting direct on goal.

Regarding penalties, I don't think it's as common as it used to be for players to secure a hat trick with a penalty. I would rather have a normal taker continue his duty, especially if the player on a hat trick has a poor penalty attribute.

The penalty idea could work, like if a player dosent think your good enough to manager the team he might go aginst your instructions likewise if players don't respect you the might do that, but if you are a strict manager they will stick with the usual penalty taker

Well, Im sure this season, SAF hasnt told Ronaldo not to take certain free kicks, he just wants to get in the box, so he lets others take them when they arent in scoring positions. And SAF is one of the strictest managers out there!

You could also then differentiate between good free kick shooters and crossers with PPMs. I honestly think this would be a good addition, as it definately happens IRL, and if you let the comp decide, then it often makes mistakes!

Archived