Make Your Mind Up...

Right, game as SM Caen, just before the start of the second season Elliot Grandin, who's still at the club as I started the game on 8.0.0, requested a transfer. I then get the following:

4th Sept; Asks to come off transfer list

6th Sept; Tells newspaper he wants to leave

7th Sept; Demands transfer

So, shall I fine him for mucking me around or just shoot him from a cannon?

Personally, I would refuse to sell him and then make him run laps for the rest of his contract

Seriously though, I would probs get rid of him, seems like he will just cause trouble for you and his team mates, just try and get as much as you can from another club and show him the door

When a player does this to me, I sign him to a new long-term contract, then I take him off all training schedules and put him into my under-18's squad.

I'll then keep him there for 4 years and destroy his career.

The way I see this is he is at the tipping point and keeps swinging back and forth.

Based solely on experience and absolutely no knowledge of how it is actually coded:-

1. Had a player like that.

2. When I dropped him for a few matches he'd stop flip flopping

3. Then after playing a few matches plus decent ratings he'd start moaning again

4. So I dropped him with sporadic appearances for 3 months or so

5. Interest in him slowed

6. He stopped flip flopping

Note that this was after being promoted to the English Premier League from the Championship so it might have been an effect of performing better than expected bumping up club rep such that the rep differential (club vs player) stopped him wanting a move 'to a bigger club'.

if he isn't really an important player, I'd let him rot like hell. Stick him on crazy training and mess up his career.

That's me though.

I've done this with Mista (striker) at Atletico Madrid who I haven't picked to play a game yet (in 2 seasons), who I can't GIVE AWAY and who is refusing to accept "Mutual termination" of his contract.

So I've put him on intensive strength and aerobic training, as well as GK training and nothing else. He get injured every other week and when he's not injured he's not a bad GK. :D

Why wouldn't a player leave under these circumstances? When offered about £1.5Million settlement?

I'm not a sadist; he's an idiot.

Simply i get rid of any player like this...

I may be a bit old fasioned but i want a player to want the shirt... desire, passion!!

Any player(s) who think they are bigger then the club, shows disrespect to his teamates, his manager and most importantly the clubs fans.

Get rid and replace!!

I had a few players like this in FM07. They request to be taken off the transfer list (for some reason best known to themselves) when they were put on it at their own request because of a lack of 1st team football. Then the day after they are taken off the list your Ass Man comes to you saying that the player is unhappy about not getting first team opportunities and then because of that the player asks to be put on the transfer list again - it's just bad implementation really.

When this happens more than once with a player I accept his request to be taken off the transfer list then immediately place him on the transfer list myself rather than doing it at his request since that way he won't keep changing his mind and asking to be taken off the list.

He will be sold in January, seeing as he's my 4th choice striker and has no hope of getting ahead of Bourhani and Cavenaghi. Basically, the tipping point ideas are correct, we over performed last season, getting to the final of the French cup, losing to Lyon on penalties but getting into Europe, and he was my top scorer so has a high opinion of himself. Should be able to get £5-6 million so he won't be released.

Archived