Centre half for Rangers

The good thing about FM is that it allows you to get away from the UK's most distasteful and nasty football rivalry.

As a season ticket holder at Rangers I understand what you are trying to say BUT is it really any worse than the monkey chants etc. that were common place in England for years, the rivalry between the Old Firm based on religion isn't nice, to put it mildly, but I work down south a lot and the atmosphere and general level of hatred at some games I have attended was pretty bad too.

The original remark about Richard Dunne was bang out of order and totally false. I have reported it.

There was another thread yesterday from someone trying to make up an all British team which quickly descended into quite a nasty debate about whether Irish should/could/would want to be included which was started by much the same kind of snide remark as above.

can anybody recommend a signing for me please?

cheers

Back to ur original point.

You need to give us slightly more info:

1) What season/year are you playing?

2) What patch version are you running?

3) How much do you have to spend?

4) Are you looking for a short term fix and would happily sign a veteran for this season and look again next summer, are you looking for a player in his prime to build your defence around for next few years etc.

Sorry mate but Richard Dunne is an Irish Catholic - his chairman won't allow him to buy him. :rolleyes:

I have reported you for this remark.

BANG OUT OF ORDER AND TOTAL LIE!!!!

Hopefully you will get banned, although the fact that this is your 'first' post leads me to think you may already have been banned before and are using different name now.

spoilet sports !!

If you want to debate religion, politics etc DON'T do it on here.

I live in the west of scotland and have to listen to it every day.

Surely coming from Newcastle you have enough to worry about football-wise at the moment anyway without flinging snide remarks about regarding a subject you don't and probably will never understand.

yeah mate i do my clubs has had issuse since keegan the first time round but like you say comig from newcastle us geordies know how to take a joke

I don't think you can make a joke out of sectarianism and bigotry.

Anyways, lets move on and talk about FM. Although, I initially came into this thread to tell you's to stop naming players and the OP to post in GPTG :D

yeah mate i do my clubs has had issuse since keegan the first time round but like you say comig from newcastle us geordies know how to take a joke

The fact you refer to it as a joke proves to me you have no idea, and never will understand the issue.

Personally I have stopped using certain forums, BBC 606 etc. because almost every thread regading either Reangers or Celtic descended into the same bile with ppl like yourself throwing in the odd 'joke' to fan the flames.

Just noticed on the BBC website that Rangers striker Nacho Novo could play for Scotland as he as lived here 9years. Would you like me to tell you how the ebate how 606 will now go?

Nove.....scum.....McGeady....ROI.....Boyd.....IRA....political NOT sectarian....manchester riots......Scotlands shame.....If you hate it here so much just leave then etc......etc.....

Yeah well i was just saying people have their own view and if they want to say them then let them be but then you have people like that who take it to the xtreme and to have the right to call newcastle a troubled club witch they are all you glory supporters have no right !!

I hav nothing against celtic or rangers their both great team but football is football newcastle play sunderland tommrow away i will be their cheering on the boys and if you think celtic and rangers are bad get down here my mate had a girlfreind live in sundeland and was stabbed for wering newcastle shorts !! i do agree with you but what is the point in taking things seriously just ignor them !!

As a season ticket holder at Rangers I understand what you are trying to say BUT is it really any worse than the monkey chants etc. that were common place in England for years, the rivalry between the Old Firm based on religion isn't nice, to put it mildly, but I work down south a lot and the atmosphere and general level of hatred at some games I have attended was pretty bad too.

The original remark about Richard Dunne was bang out of order and totally false. I have reported it.

There was another thread yesterday from someone trying to make up an all British team which quickly descended into quite a nasty debate about whether Irish should/could/would want to be included which was started by much the same kind of snide remark as above.

That was a very good response, I must say. I just the thread stays open long enough for me to reply, as this is clearly going off-topic! Basically, my comment about the rivalry was based on the worst of what I've seen. I'm a fairly regular visitor to Glasgow and, when football is off the agenda, it's honestly my favourite city in the UK to be in (of the ones I've been too, obviously). It is because I am so fond of the city that I feel so sad and, yes, angry about the nature of the rivalry up there. I'm amazed the the people up there who've shown themselves to be so warm and welcoming to me (an Englishman!) can at the same time reserve so much hate for their fellow Glaswegians just because they support the other Old Firm side.

Back to ur original point.

You need to give us slightly more info:

1) What season/year are you playing?

2) What patch version are you running?

3) How much do you have to spend?

4) Are you looking for a short term fix and would happily sign a veteran for this season and look again next summer, are you looking for a player in his prime to build your defence around for next few years etc.

Bah! Don't encourage him when we all know he's in the wrong forum!

Archived