Screenshots - Idiots Guide

I’ve been following a few of the challenge and story threads on here.

Quick question for everyone though, how do I add screenshots to my threads/posts?

What format etc.?

Please make it as simple, i.e. non-technical, as possible. An Idiots Guide type thing would be great.

I won’t be offended in the slightest.

if you go to imageshack.us and upload the necessary screenshot you have, once it is done you are presented with a number of option for the type of image you post in the thread, be it a thumbnail, a full screen or just a link.

This is as basic as I can make it from my work PC but I am sure someone will be able shine more light for you

?????????????????

Don't bother. My question was a general query as to how to add a screenshot to a post/thread. NOT a specific thread in a specific forum.

ok i'm sorry but i thought this forum was for fm related questions not technical stuff

ok i'm sorry but i thought this forum was for fm related questions not technical stuff

I thought asking how to attach a screenshot from FM2008 to a post/thread in an FM forum was FM related but maybe I'm wrong.

Feel free to check any other posts I make and advise me in which forum you think they should be posted.

I assume the 'print screen' key, then just cut and paste from paint would be my easiest option?

Basically yes, though you can use alt+F9 but then you have to convert the screen to jpg (it saves the images to my docs/sports interactive/football manager 2008/screenshots). The plus side for doing it this way is that you can take several screenshots in a row without having to copy and paste all the time.

The rest is explained by Pompeyboyz, you seem knowledgeable enough to go on from there. If you need it to be more specific let us know.

Basically yes, though you can use alt+F9 but then you have to convert the screen to jpg (it saves the images to my docs/sports interactive/football manager 2008/screenshots). The plus side for doing it this way is that you can take several screenshots in a row without having to copy and paste all the time.

The rest is explained by Pompeyboyz, you seem knowledgeable enough to go on from there. If you need it to be more specific let us know.

Thanks for the help, especially the ALT+F9 tip.

What format does it save them in then?

I thought asking how to attach a screenshot from FM2008 to a post/thread in an FM forum was FM related but maybe I'm wrong.

Feel free to check any other posts I make and advise me in which forum you think they should be posted.

whoooaaa don't get offended please that wasn't my intention

Just a note of caution, bluebells - screen shots are enabled and disabled on a per-forum basis, so you may not be able to place them in-line (in-thread) in all forums. (Or may need to post links to imageshack as a workaround.)

Also, the FM Stories forum is about writing, not screenies - they don't mind the occasional screenshot but they do mind if you rely on the screenshots to tell the story.

Just a note of caution, bluebells - screen shots are enabled and disabled on a per-forum basis, so you may not be able to place them in-line (in-thread) in all forums. (Or may need to post links to imageshack as a workaround.)

Also, the FM Stories forum is about writing, not screenies - they don't mind the occasional screenshot but they do mind if you rely on the screenshots to tell the story.

How exactly do I place screenshots in-line/thread?

I used the ALT-F9 tip last night to take screenshots and they are all nicely in 'my documents' folder but what next?

HELP?

How exactly do I place screenshots in-line/thread?

I used the ALT-F9 tip last night to take screenshots and they are all nicely in 'my documents' folder but what next?

HELP?

Sign up to photobucket or imageshack and upload them, it's pretty straight forward. Then all you have to do is copy the link for each screenshot and paste the link in the thread.

I posted this further up the page;

- Press "Print Scrn" when on the screen you want a snapshot of.

- Open paint, paste and save with title.

- Upload to file hosting site e.g. photobucket or imagshack.

- Copy link of picture on that site.

- Paste in thread.

Sign up to photobucket or imageshack and upload them, it's pretty straight forward. Then all you have to do is copy the link for each screenshot and paste the link in the thread.

I posted this further up the page;

- Press "Print Scrn" when on the screen you want a snapshot of.

- Open paint, paste and save with title.

- Upload to file hosting site e.g. photobucket or imagshack.

- Copy link of picture on that site.

- Paste in thread.

I did read your earlier post but it's not a link to a screenshot that I want to put in my thread/post it is the actual screenshot itself cut and pasted directly in amongst the text.

Archived