Role of international coaches

Can anyone really explain what international coaches really do because they seem poorly implemented or do they just work with big nations?

I'm currently managing eastleigh (in championship) and nepal.

The coaches act as scouts but only if a player is in a playable league, e.g my coaches can't scout nepal to tell me which players are the best ones, i also can't see their season stats without looking at every player so i end up picking a team on attributes!

Several of my coaches come from man united (i keep hoping their knowledge will lead to a regen!), but they don't seem to be looking at the squad for their club.

By this i mean i have had several very talented regens come through, 1 had one def/mid who had 17 in tackling, marking and heading and between 10-14 in most other attributes when he appeared at 18, another who was a cen def had 18 tackling and 14 in heading and marking when he appeared at 16. Clearly these are talented players and i spent 2-3 years trying to sign both of these for my eastleigh team. I have successfully got wp for both. They are rated as prem and leading prem potential by my eastleigh coaches!

Man united bid for one of them a year later, but they should have already known about them and could have already signed them as they have wp feeder clubs.

the coaches are not using their international roles to point out good players, IRL the coaches would tell their clubs about them.

Archived