New Kits for a New Season

I know it's a bit late, and it's probably already been mentioned, but seen as though we've got this whole 3D match engine going on, and you will actually see the kits, would it not be a good idea for you to have the option to change the kits.

For example, every couple seasons the board could ask for your input ie colours, design etc etc.

Just think it could brighten it up a bit!

This has been mentioned every year for the past few years and I don't think it will be implemented as Managers don't do this in real life

but clubs do mainly for fans like us to spend more money on new kits, which is a good finance policy

however as this is a football manager simulation we would only get involved in areas that a real life manager would get involved with. As far as finances go a manager only needs to know how much money he has to spend and what to spend it on. Not really trying to raise more funds via new kits other areas like that......

But they see the result. I don't care if I have a saying in it, but I'd like to see the 2nd kit change every now and then.

I would like to see it but hwo could it be best implemented???? If I was playing a career game as Portsmouth and after a few seasons the away kit was changed to red and white stripes I'd never play the game again.

I would like to see it but hwo could it be best implemented???? If I was playing a career game as Portsmouth and after a few seasons the away kit was changed to red and white stripes I'd never play the game again.

Exactly, most kits remain the same colour for years with changes to design only. Are we honestly saying the addition of a few lines or new collars every other year is such a good idea SI should spend valuable programming time creating it?

It's a big no from me and purely cosmetic. There are other areas of the game that need worked on before they start introducing make believe features.

Totally agree. Let's get the guts of the game working solidly before we start tinkering with the cosmetics.

Poor idea tbh, especially when there are programs that are likely to be made where this can be done anyway (FMModifier?)

Leeds used to play in blue and yellow, but when there manager, Don Revie, suggested that that should play in all white like Real Madrid, they changed the kit.

Also some clubs rotate 2nd & 3rd kits kits. Like using one design for domestic competitions and 1 kit for international competitions.

Its true that the average manager rarely if ever gets a chance to have a say in what kit they wear, but clubs make a lot of money from kits and maybe adjusting them from time to time or maybe just an announcement that they have changed design could lead to a boost in merchandising income.

I'd like the idea to change the kits but realistic or unrealistic to allow managers to do so, I would NOT want the AI to be able to change kit colors....would definitely not want to manage the team playing in the lime green kit with pink polkadots...or maybe I would...

Such as adding the ability to be a female manager?

You just have to learn to ignore anyone that uses 'cosmetic feature' as an excuse to anything, the game is filled with cosmetic features and without them we would literally be playing an excel like database.

finally, I was wondering when caps would come back into the game. Sickens me to see all those uncapped savages running around.

Exactly what I was thinking, and you well know if they introduced caps into the EPL Ronaldo would instantly move abroad.

Managers don't do it, no. But the board does... same as expand stadium etc.

Boosts marketing etc. so in a way it could be implemented, like the others and would make sense.

Since when??

IIRC Dick Advocaat designed a strip for Rangers.

Oh and Willie Waddle designed Ibrox.

Archived