Questions about weather and player instructions

Just picked up the two weeks ago and I am enjoying it. This is the first football manager I've ever played. I downloaded the tips a few days ago. Just a couple of questions for some of you vets though.

First what kind of changes do you make for the weather (Temperature, dry or showers, wind conditions)?

Secondly, what kind of players should I be giving the following player instructions

Forward Runs

Zonal/Man/None Marking

Through Passes

Last, but not least, I've been playing a 442 Diamond; if I get ahead is there a better defensive formation to go to or should I just set emphasis to defensive. I've been experimenting but I haven't really came to a good conclusion.

Just picked up the two weeks ago and I am enjoying it. This is the first football manager I've ever played. I downloaded the tips a few days ago. Just a couple of questions for some of you vets though.

First what kind of changes do you make for the weather (Temperature, dry or showers, wind conditions)?

Secondly, what kind of players should I be giving the following player instructions

Forward Runs

Zonal/Man/None Marking

Through Passes

Last, but not least, I've been playing a 442 Diamond; if I get ahead is there a better defensive formation to go to or should I just set emphasis to defensive. I've been experimenting but I haven't really came to a good conclusion.

• SI Staff

Hi,

Sorry - its crunch time at the moment (basically the run up to this years games going into production - keeps us devs busy and off the forums icon_frown.gif ).

In response to your questions ...

Personally if its windy I try some long shots you never know when a swirl will get lucky, but I keep passing short as it keeps it predictable and safer ... basically just employ common sense with what you'd consider doing irl.

(and as far as tactics go - 442 Diamond is pretty solid, 4132 is also a nice compact formation giving extra support to the defense)

Thanks Marc. I'm not really much of a football fan, what can I say, I'm from the States and our football is quite a bit different. I enjoy watching games but getting to watch is not the easiest thing to do. Anyway, thanks again and I'll keep working at it.

Archived