New PPM System

Hey quick question hopefully its not a stupid one... Being on these forums is scary beacuse if

you trip up even once people pounce on you and make you look like an idiot... Anyways...

So the new PPM thing right... Like prevoiusly one player would have like up to 10 maybe PPMs right...

Can players only have one now?

Hey quick question hopefully its not a stupid one... Being on these forums is scary beacuse if

you trip up even once people pounce on you and make you look like an idiot... Anyways...

Yeah, thats a problem, there are alot of helpful members around though :thup:

I'm pretty sure that players will be able to have more than one PPM.

Just some screen shots only showed one PPM ticked... Thats all...

Then it's not a stupid question, but you have misinterpreted the screenshot. As nielsb says, that is the screen where you ask a player to learn a PPM. You can only choose to add one at a time, but that doesn't imply a limit of one PPM per player overall.

Do people notice a lot of difference in a player with PPMs? I ask because it's one of the attributes that I have never looked at when signing a player, or setting player instructions.

The most obvious difference is the phrase 'trademark finish' in the commentary, following a placed shot or a belter.

I think I read somewhere that some of the PPMs that are listed in FM08 are not actually used by the match engine. Effectively rendering them cosmetic.

Presumabley they will be used in 09...

Not true.

Some are used by the match engine, so are not yet.

FM 09 will only show the ones used by the match engine.

PPMs use up some CA in just the same way as footedness, don't they? So having too many of them wouldn't be beneficial anyway.

I very much doubt that is the case - why would "Dives into tackles" use up CA. PPMs are a tendancy to do something, it is the attributes that determine whether the player is any good at carrying out the PPM.

The most obvious difference is the phrase 'trademark finish' in the commentary, following a placed shot or a belter.

"Trademark finish from Aguero, he shows you don't have to blast the ball!" or,

"Trademark strike from Gerrard, he loves to power them in!" is the only ones you ever see really.

A right winger with "Runs with ball down right" is a bit obvious, as he'd be on the right.

You never see the commentator say "Typical Hamann, he likes to stay back at all times." or things like that (because it wouldn't make sense, I suppose) :D

I hope there'll be a marked difference in PPM's now we'll have the 3D match engine.

I'd like to see players "Try tricks" and "Beat man repeatedly"...

*Although in my last match against Liverpool, Alonso played a couple of great "Killer Balls" for Babel to run onto and score... :(

I very much doubt that is the case - why would "Dives into tackles" use up CA. PPMs are a tendancy to do something, it is the attributes that determine whether the player is any good at carrying out the PPM.

I'm not sure if it's correct or not, but it was the distinct impression I got after doing a lot of analysis on 07. Of course, I might be completely wrong, or it might be possible that only certain PPMs use up CA. It's also possible that it might have been the case in 07 but not 08. In an ideal world, footedness shouldn't use up CA either, but it has to to avoid making the match engine do unrealistic things.

Archived