When you take over a new team...

I'm just curious at what you do first.

I always (if i'm at a big club) get rid of a majority of staff and replace them with much better, this goes for all coaches, physios and scouts, even my assistant if needed. I then look at players in reserves and youth to see which I need and don't.

Does anyone else do this or is it just me thats sad enough lol. I can spend 2 hours on one game day.

When I'm at a new club, I offer new contracts to staff, those players who I don't want, I offer a new contract and then when this is signed put them up for sale, I then rework the training for both senior and youth players, sort out the affiliated clubs i want and ask for a new one, short list players I want in the future, sort out my tactics for the upcoming season and arrange friendlies.

I always (if i'm at a big club) get rid of a majority of staff and replace them with much better, this goes for all coaches, physios and scouts, even my assistant if needed. I then look at players in reserves and youth to see which I need and don't.

Does anyone else do this or is it just me thats sad enough lol. I can spend 2 hours on one game day.

I take forever too! Last year loaded game at 18.00 on the thursday, played til gone midnight looking at all options & making a list of things to do. Up with the lark friday (always take hol day for FM realease!), didnt play 1st friendly til some hours later! Despite all day sessions Sat / Sun was probably late sunday before 1st competitive fixture! I reckon when Im in full swing of a season I play 1 match per hour - and that is really fast for me, normally 2 matches per (3 to 4 hours) evening when things need extra attention.

Hope the FM08 issue is resloved for FM09 where all the backroom staff get poached within the first few weeks - sorting out the back room is a 2nd season job for me by choice, as long as the guys incumbant are not too poor. Dont need to be forced into that straight away.

rip it apart, transfer list all the rubbish I don't want, free transfer crap youngsters, put the good ones up for loan. Then tackle the staff, I usually always appoint a new assistant manager currently I have Zidane and he is doing a cracking job :D. Once that is done I will start to buy players.

I do this as well even if I'm at a small club.

I check the squad status (key player / first team etc) then sort out who wil be in my first team and where i need to improve, transfer list players.

Then sack the majority of my staff and buy better, then i start buying players...

i do exactly the same thing as i would do at the start of a new game. usually, coaches from my previous clubs leave when i leave, and usually coaches at my new club are carp in comparason. i've had at least one coach follow me from sevilla to russia, fiorentina, argentina & espanyol. i would even go on holiday until i have signed players/coaches or until my training regime has kicked into gear.

one of the worst things about moving clubs is how badly the AI have let them decline. quality of players is usually poor, i try to loan or sign players from my old club most of the time, especially fringe players who weren't rated by my previous club, but are good enough for my new club.

another issue is the amount of money promised when negociating the contract with the new club. espanyol told me they'd have 300K for wages and 0 transfer fees, but when i got there, they had no budget for wages at all and i was being told off about the clubs financial state, which nearly cost me the job. they didn't have any players who i could sell on that werent important, so i'm still stuck. even after a takeover.

I do a review of the squad and based on previous performances/ratings and current attributes make a temporary decision on who to play and who to rest until I get to see each player perform several times before making the "final cut". After going through the squad and adjusting it to my style of play, I go into the training and staff.

Archived