Dont think ill be using 3D

although i will give it a shot cant see me being bothered (saying that i never thought id like 2D ), just looks a bit tacky to me on screenshots, bit like old lma manager! not having a go, just dont think i'll be using it

Apparently it's brilliant in action, alot better than the screeshots they originally released! But I haven't actually seen it myself.

The 3d looks cool and gives the game a real credibility feeling to it and reckon your points of view will change once you buy the game am all for a good game with good game play and good graphics too match and this is looking likely everyday I see FM09 screenshots and you tube video shots

although i will give it a shot cant see me being bothered (saying that i never thought id like 2D ), just looks a bit tacky to me on screenshots, bit like old lma manager! not having a go, just dont think i'll be using it

Wonderful news, any chance of a screenshot of you not using it when the time comes?

The important difference between this and some of the older games that have used 3D, like LMA, is that this isn't any form of 'highlights' engine that has a limited number of clips. It's a full 3D representation of what's going on in the match engine. You can watch the whole game if you want to. It's no more repetitive than an actual football match.

It's no more repetitive than an actual football match.

No, but the animations are. The build up play is always different, but the range of animations for passing, shooting, heading - it's all most likely quite limited. It won't show you a pre-rendered clip of action instead of a build-up, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be repetitive.

No, but the animations are. The build up play is always different, but the range of animations for passing, shooting, heading - it's all most likely quite limited. It won't show you a pre-rendered clip of action instead of a build-up, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be repetitive.

Granted but surely it will be better to watch than the 2D circles!

But hopefully with the view being quite far out, this will be less of a problem than with something like FIFA where the players are much larger on screen.

Granted but surely it will be better to watch than the 2D circles!

To each their own or however the saying goes. For me it would be a complete showstopper if it were to be repetitive, it would probably put me off the whole thing. I like 2D, it leaves the finer details of the play for your imagination so it's never repetitive. I'll probably try the 3D just out of interest, to see what it looks like, but I definitely won't be using it for long.

But hopefully with the view being quite far out, this will be less of a problem than with something like FIFA where the players are much larger on screen.

I have tried FIFA and LMA, and a few other games and the thing I'm most looking forward to about the 3D ME in FM09 is watching the players play as I'm telling them to play in glorious 3D.

LMA Manager, although "arcadey" and simple did have the plus point of being able to watch your tactics in motion; the players did exactly what you told them and played exactly as you instructed, whereas with FIFA every match just looked the same; tactical instructions (barring formation, obviously) seemed to have a placebo effect (none, that is).

With FM's 3D match engine being the exact same as the top-down 2D one except at a different "camera angle" I'm really looking forward to it, and see no reason why I wouldn't use the 3D view.

Sorted. :thup:

To each their own or however the saying goes. For me it would be a complete showstopper if it were to be repetitive, it would probably put me off the whole thing. I like 2D, it leaves the finer details of the play for your imagination so it's never repetitive. I'll probably try the 3D just out of interest, to see what it looks like, but I definitely won't be using it for long.

you can't say that, it might be the best thing since sliced bread. To say you definitely won't be using it even if you try it and like it is just plain stupid imo.

you can't say that, it might be the best thing since sliced bread. To say you definitely won't be using it even if you try it and like it is just plain stupid imo.

I'm a realist though, so I know it won't be the best thing since sliced bread. I consider myself experienced enough to know the limitations of such a thing and for me these limitations would be crucial. For others they won't. It's all about preferences.

I'm not knocking the inclusion of 3D. Just saying it's not for me.

I agree, I remember playing some lma and then when the 3d action came in i was not too bothered and thus didnt watch the game, I would rather have the current set up and allowed for more development of the game than to be able to watch the game in 3d

you do realise that PES and FIFA also have always the same few animations for running, passing, kicking, tackling, headers...? it didn't stop me playing, thou.

Yes I do, that's part of the reason I'm that sceptical. PES and FIFA are both extremely repetitive, FM will probably even be much better in that aspect, but the limitations will still be apparent.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Some of the goals are just glorious

Ya know, I'm biased cos I always played as a keeper*, but I actually rather see glorious saves to glorious goals, are there any of them?

*barefaced lie: i usually played central defence, or winger, but i liked being a keeper :p

All similar concerns were heard when 2d was first introduced. I dont think anybody still goes with commentary alone although it is still an option. I'm sure same will happen with 3d, even the most conservative will get used to it in couple weeks. Also it is easy to guess FM09 3d will lack a lot in depth and quality but someone must be first on the line and take the wind. If everything goes as expected Fm10 3D should be quite solid already. I personally would not mind minor graphical glitches on screen as long as it does not affect the actual ME for the FM09.

Archived